Job Brief: Our client, a reputable premier resort destination in the heart of Lilongwe City is currently seeking an experienced Maintenance Manger to join their dynamic team. As the Maintenance Manager, you’ll be a key member of the Executive Team, reporting directly to the Managing Director
Your primary focus will be to perform general maintenance on site as well as assisting in the procurement of maintenance related materials.
You will be responsible for all aspects of maintenance at the resort, ensuring safety, security, constant availability of supplies and proper functioning of equipment. We look forward to welcoming you to the team, anticipating the incredible impact you’ll have on our client’s business!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Purchasing of Constructions materials.
- Making sure Stores Clerk is up to date with all stocks in the stores on a daily basis.
- Maintenance of Garden and Swimming pools
- Managing all gardening personnel to make sure lawns are mowed, grass watered, trees and flowers pruned, and all weeds removed to maintain the beauty of our gardens.
- Taking inventory of all gardening equipment and purchasing gardening equipment’s whenever necessary.
- Safety and Security of the premises
- Ensure buildings and equipment meet all safety, security and fire regulations and policies.
- Establishes, monitors and carries out preventative maintenance procedures and schedules for buildings, equipment and grounds.
- Conduct routine inspections of location premises and equipment.
- Under the guidance of the General Manager, perform repairs such as light carpentry, basic electrical, interior/exterior painting, plumbing and servicing of motorized equipment
- Partner with our Health, Safety and Wellness Specialists and Asset Protection Specialist to ensure compliance with building safety, fire plans and other regulations.
- Overseeing daily tasks for security personnel, including training, equipment, and scheduling
- Ensuring the main gate is well resourced and always managed to ensure smooth and safe entry and exit of guests.
- Ensuring security dogs are well taken care of in terms of their food and health.
- Monitoring the test of security alarm for rapid response team (Gard world) fortnightly
General Repairs and Maintenance work
- The Maintenance Manager will perform maintenance and repairs related to buildings, grounds, and equipment in relation to, but not limited to, emergency lighting, window cleaning, seasonal sidewalk maintenance, site inspections, grounds-keeping and maintenance of generators.
- Making sure service to all company vehicles and generators is done.
- Procurement of fuel for vehicles and maintaining a logbook and stock sheet for all vehicles
- Generators to be in good working condition and making sure they all always have enough fuel.
- Maintaining a stock sheet for all fuel issued to generators and calculating consumption rates every time the generator is used
- Responsible for all repairs and maintenance which includes houses, apartments, kitchen, office, swimming pools, bar and restaurant.
- Keeping job cards for every maintenance work to keep track of every job that has been done for future reference.
- Making sure repairs and maintenance jobs are done in good time and professional
- Procurement of all construction materials that are needed, to be kept by Stores clerk.
- Checking the attendance register of all casual workers on a daily basis.
- Compilation of casual workers’ wages at the end of the week.
- Fuel summary on stock and consumption for all generators.
- Fuel summary on stock and consumption for all vehicles.
- Stock sheets for stores.
- Job cards for all repairs and maintenance work.
- Electricity consumption.
- Five years’ experience in general maintenance in a similar setting
- Experience working in hospitality, accommodation and resort setting a PLUS.
- Strong analytical skills required with ability to manage competing priorities.
- Adept in problem solving.
- Strong organizational skills
- Attention to detail.
- Basic knowledge of procurement.
- Analytical abilities
- Ability to think strategically coupled with good understanding of the hospitality/tourism industry.
- Certificate in General Fitting Grade 3,2 & 1 and Turning Grade
- Technician Certificate in Mechanical Trades (Engineering) or any certification in relevant trade
You Are The Ideal Candidate If You Have
- Post-Secondary education in a technical field or related training/experience will be considered.
- Experience in facilities maintenance and grounds-keeping experience.
- Technical ability to disassemble, repair, and reassemble mechanical components and reading technical manuals.
- Ability to make quick decisions and manage priorities.
- Strong time management skills.
- Good problem solving and communication skills.
|Lilongwe , N/A , Malawi
|30 Jan 2024