Mulunguzi Riverside Lodge
Mulunguzi Riverside Lodge is one of the hotel which is growing very fast in Malawi. Located in the Eastern region, it’s Vision is to promote an environment of a natural hospitality.
The hotel is seeking for the services of a well-qualified and experienced Lodge General Manager tenable in Zomba, adjacent to Mulunguzi Secondary School.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Bring business to the hotel, customer satisfaction and sustainability
- Plan and direct the hotel main operations including quality, standards, cleanliness and guest satisfaction
- Develop departmental Standard Operating Procedures
- Promote culture of excellence in guest care through a warm welcome and a desire to meet guests expectations
- Supervise and ensure that each department delivers consistently high standards of guests’ service, such as Front Office, Food and Beverage Services, Food Production and Housekeeping.
- Achieve business objectives and maximize the profitability of all outlets.
- Providing weekly, monthly, quarterly,half year and yearly report on how the hotel is performing, exposing all challenges and finding possible solutions
- Work hand in hand with the Managing Director, giving updates on how the status of the business
- Assessing and supervising the operation and the food and beverage manager, making sure that they are working effectively
- Controlling finances and making sure that there’s no over expenditure
- Work alongside all section heads to ensure the smooth running of the day to day operations and conduct regular HODs meetings to discuss routine matters, departmental performance targets and guest feedback
- Assist in all day to day queries, complaints, problems that arise at the lodge
- Monitor the hotel function book and familiarize with all updates and amendments
- Liaise with on daily, weekly, monthly with the directors to forecast hotels business on weekly, monthly, quarterly, yearly basis and plan accordingly.
- Conduct regular fire walks and health and safety audits.
- Promote a positive employee relations culture through effective communication and regular team meetings.
- Carry out regular inspections of all departments in the areas of guest service, delivery, cleanliness, employee presentation and grooming.
- Representing the hotel in some meetings organized by clients and stakeholders
- Ensure that reasonable care is taken for the Health and Safety for employees, guests and suppliers.
- Monitor all accounts and ensure debts have been collected.
- Plan marketing activities and implement them such as Organization to Organization compaigns
- Applicants with Diploma in Hospitality and Tourism Management from a recognized institution with more than 10 years’ work experience at managerial level are encouraged to apply
- Those with a Degree in Tourism & Hospitality Management or Business Administration/Management from a recognized institution with at least 5 years’ work experience in Hotels’ managerial level will have an added advantage.
- Proficient in Microsoft packages, Hotel Financial Systems
- Knowledge of bid writing as one way of finding accomodation and conference meetings
- The applicants should be well matured and be able to bring customers especially for conferences
- Should be a self-starter, team player and working under minimum supervision.
Method Of Application
The applications together with curriculum Vitae with 3 traceable referees should be sent to the email below; To
The Managing Director
Mulunguzi Riverside Lodge
P.O BOX 330
The applications should reach the Managing director not later than 2 June 2023.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org