Satemwa Tea estate
We are looking for an experienced CHEF to join our team at Huntingdon House on Satemwa Tea estate in Thyolo. The Chef will be reporting to the Manager.
- Preparing the food for cooking
- Monitoring food production and food stuff costs
- Ensuring standard portions and quality of dishes
- Maintaining a clean and safe kitchen and ensuring sanitation practices in the kitchen
- Set up the kitchen with cooking utensils and equipment, like knives, pans and kitchen scales.
- Study each recipe and gather all necessary ingredients.
- Cook food in a timely manner.
- Delegate tasks to kitchen staff.
- Inform wait staff about daily specials.
- Ensure appealing plate presentation.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Diploma in Hotel management or Hospitality Management with at least 2 years working experience as a
chef in a hospitality/hotel industry.
SKILLS AND PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
Excellent in communication skills (both written and oral) Interpersonal skills, High moral, ethical and professional standards, High integrity, should be able to produce a dish.
Method Of Application
Applications with curriculum vitae (CV), with three traceable referees and relevant copies of certificates should be emailed to: email@example.com,
Deadlines for receiving applications: 31st May 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.