JOB TITLE: LOAN OFFICER
REPORTS TO: LOAN SUPERVISOR
LOCATION: BRANCH OFFICE-AS DEFINED BY VISIONFUND MALAWI
Build and maintain a healthy portfolio of micro and small enterprise clients. Identify, process, and monitor new and existing clients. Ensure accurate loan appraisals, evaluations, and the efficient. follow-up of arrears/delinquent clients and the provision of strong client service. Maintain up-to-date client records and reports.
(a) Promotion of products and services and origination of new clients
- Build and maintain a portfolio of quality clients rapidly and consistently to reach target portfolio within assigned period.
- Liaise with community organizations, business associations, and individual entrepreneurs;
- Implement promotion campaigns and promotional sessions/ meetings for sourcing clients; Identify potential clients as defined in the VFM client segmentation table;
(b) Conduct loan evaluations according to policies and procedures
- Develop an accurate evaluation of each client’s capacity and willingness to repay the requested loan.
- Correctly complete loan application and evaluation forms;
- Arrange and undertake business site visits;
(c) Credit committee member
- Participate in credit committees providing input on other members’ loan proposals;
- Prepare and present own loan. proposals to credit committee
(d) Provide high-quality customer service
- Develop relationship with each client to support the business success and cultivate loyalty.
- Monitor client business progress to identify any potential problems;
- Offer suggestions and referrals where appropriate and within company policy;
- Demonstrate a concern and build client rapport.
(e) Manage and recover Late Loan repayments
- Implement late repayment recovery procedures of Vision Fund Malawi.
- Achieve and maintain targets on portfolio at risk and loan loss.
- Emphasize the importance of on-time repayment with clients.
- Monitor repayment reports daily and client behavior patterns.
(f) Build community rapport
- Become knowledgeable and known in the assigned geographic zone.
- Build rapport with community, business associations and leaders in his/her geographical zone.
- Be known and visible in the community. Develop goodwill of community towards VisionFund Malawi.
- Encourage and facilitate opening of savings and company accounts to clients
(g) Support the VFM Team
- Provide support to peers and others within VFM in uplifting its values and policies.
(h) Portfolio administration
- Efficiently and accurately complete all forms and administrative steps required to manage the Loan portfolio and contribute to the to the smooth operation of VFM.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- A minimum of Diploma/Higher National Diploma or Bsc in Business, Banking, Finance, Accounting, Economics, and/or related fields with numerate coursework
- Excellent computer literacy and experience with Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel
- Two years’ prior experience in the Banking profession in sales or Marketing is a plus Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills Honest and Integrity
Method Of Application
All interested applicants should send a cover letter with a detailed Curriculum Vitae with three traceable referees to the address below, not later than 9 January, 2023. Only short listed candidates will be acknowledged. Please indicate on the envelope the position being applied for as well on the subject line if an email is used.
People and Culture Manager
Private Bag A232
VisionFund Malawi Head Office is in Area 14 opposite NAPHAM offices, or email to: