Duty Station: Lilongwe
Reports to: Head of Programs
Start Date: 1st February 2024
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities:
The Livelihood Program Coordinator will play a crucial role in promoting the production, dissemination, and consumption of improved, climate-smart, and nutritious staple crops to ensure a sustainable and profitable food supply to smallholder farming households. Reporting to the Executive Director cum Head of Programs, the coordinator is responsible for developing and maintaining both traditional and corporate donor support, as well as successfully delivering and coordinating programs and projects.
- Support the Program Lead in Research Monitoring and Learning to secure and maintain donor support.
- Contribute to the development of new programs aligning with the organization’s strategic direction.
- Conduct regular field visits to monitor project progress and enhance program effectiveness.
- Manage donor-related activities, including reporting and quality assurance.
- Develop good practices for impactful program delivery in collaboration with relevant departments.
- Perform other assigned duties as required.
- Hold a minimum educational qualification of a first degree in a development-oriented field.
- Possess at least two years of experience in a similar role.
- Demonstrate strong abilities in food security and livelihood programming.
- Exhibit excellent knowledge and experience in program design and implementation.
- Have expertise in agroecology and climate-smart agriculture technologies, particularly in agribusiness, food security, and agricultural development.
- Showcase experience in developing project proposals.
- Ability to multitask and manage a large portfolio of projects.
- Strong communication skills.
- Previous experience in donor reporting and managing donor/stakeholder relations.
Method of Application
Applications, including up-to-date curriculum vitae giving names, telephone numbers, and physical and email addresses of traceable referees, should be sent to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 19th January 2023. No phone calls, WhatsApp messages or Facebook page applications will be entertained.