Lilongwe Wildlife Trust
This role is open for an enthusiastic, welcoming and firm individual who will be the first contact many people have with Lilongwe Wildlife Trust (LWT). The individual in this role must be able to talk with accuracy and enthusiasm about the work that goes on at Lilongwe Wildlife Centre (LWC) and engage visitors about LWT’s mission and conservation in general. The individual must be organised and trustworthy to ensure that income is accurately accounted for when reporting to the Deputy Manager of LWC.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receiving visitors at the front desk by greeting and directing them as well as answering questions about the LWC site and the work of LWT more broadly.
- Answering calls and coordinating front-desk activities.
- Handling cash and consolidating visitor income.
- Managing LWC memberships and donations by recording and sharing membership/donation details.
- Assisting with marketing duties as delegated by the Deputy Manager (DM).
- Offering administrative support across the organisation.
- Sorting, distributing and answering LWC emails in a professional manner.
- Assisting with conferences and other venue hire activities.
- Taking bookings for events and helping the DM when needed during events.
- Dealing with emergencies in a timely and effective manner.
- Ensuring the reception area is tidy and presentable, with all necessary stationery and materials (e.g. pens, forms, brochures)
- Ordering front office supplies and merchandise and keeping inventory of stock.
- Performing other receptionist duties such as filing etc.
- Supporting with other duties around LWC in case of staff shortages.
- Being the first point of contact for animal intakes.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Is mentally fit;
- Is physically fit;
- Is hardworking, honest and trustworthy;
- Is eager to learn and highly motivated;
- Has a positive ‘can do’ attitude and is pro-active;
- Has a high level of consistent attention to detail;
- Has good communication skills and can work in a team;
- Has the ability to work on projects at the same time;
- Holds his/her ground and acts when needed;
- Has a positive and helpful attitude towards customers;
- Speaks excellent English;
- Can talk with passion about conservation, LWT and understands all of its work
Method of Application
Send your curriculum vitae and cover letter to email@example.com not latter than Sunday 29th October, 2023.
Only shortlisted applicants will be acknowledged