JTI (Japan Tobacco International)
Lilongwe, LI, MW, 0000
We are JTI, Japan Tobacco International, and we are present in 130 countries. We have spent years innovating, creating new and better products for the consumers to choose from. This is our business. But not only. Our business is our people. Their talent. Their potential. We believe that when they are free to be themselves, and they are given the opportunity to grow, travel and develop, amazing things can happen.
That’s why our employees, from around the world, choose to be a part of JTI. It is why 83% of employees feel happy working at JTI. And why we’ve been awarded Global Top Employer status, nine years running.
So when you’re ready to choose a career you’ll love, in a company you’ll love, feel free to #JoinTheIdea.
Learn more: jti.com
Please, apply till November 23, 2023
Reporting to: Legal Director Malawi
WHAT THIS POSITION IS ABOUT – PURPOSE:
The position is to assist the Legal Director in providing legal and regulatory advice, legal support services to the entity to ensure compliance with applicable laws and policies.
WHAT WILL YOU DO – RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Contract Management: Drafting, reviewing and maintaining contracts, memorandums to ensure validity, enforceability to safeguard company interests and rights in all commercial transactions.
- Compliance: Works with the Legal Director in ensuring entity legal compliance through compliance awarenes, monitoring, verification and compliance documentation and reporting.
- Legal Support: Providing legal and regulatory advice/guidance to the entity business units to facilitate decision making while being compliant with the law and policies.
- Litigation and external support: Contributes to various external matters including litigation
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR – REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor of Laws (Hons) degree from a recognized institution.
- Must have a valid practicing license.
- 3 year(s) of post admission experience.
- Must have legal research and investigative skills.
- Ability to operate on and engage at various levels within the business.
- Excellent organizational, problem solving and time management skills.
WHAT ARE THE NEXT STEPS – THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS:
We value you for your interest in the role. You are welcome to apply.
We encourage Females to apply.
We will make sure every candidate will receive a reply within 2-3 weeks after the application deadline.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.jti.com.