Greenbelt Authority (GBA)
Job Title : Legal Services Manager
Grade : GBA 3
Reporting to : Chief Executive Officer
Responsible for : None
Location : Lilongwe
To provide legal support and represent the Greenbelt Authority (GBA) in Civil litigation and perform all legal corporate duties within the institution.
• * Providing expert advice and guidance to GBA management on all matters of a legal nature.
• Undertaking all legal work required to prepare and formalize and execute contracts and other related transactions.
• Ensuring compliance of laws and regulations for all operations in the Authority;
• Initiating and pursuing legal proceedings as required by the Authority;
• Representing the Authority in all legal matters and providing legal opinions;
• Advising on civil matters that should be directed to external counsel;
• Drafting and/or reviewing legal letters, contracts and agreements and monitoring legal obligations under agreements to ensure compliance whenever necessary and that they are in the organization’s interests;
• Reviewing all contracts and Memoranda of Understanding that GBA enters into with any individual, group of individuals or organization.
• Preparing and updating database on the status of all court matters involving the Authority;
• Assisting in the formulation, implementation and/or amendment of Company policies.
• Negotiating with prospective consultants that are engaged in high value or complex assignments and ensure that legal matters are properly dealt
• Undertaking all other legal tasks assigned by the CEO as needed for the carrying out of the Authority’s responsibilities.
Qualification and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Law (LLB) obtained from an accredited Institution with at least Five (5) years’ experience in handling legal matters as a practicing Attorney-at-Law or in a corporate environment.
Method of Application
All interested and eligible persons should submit their applications, under confidential cover, either by post or courier enclosing detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) with names and contact details of three (3) traceable referees to:
The Chief Executive Officer
P.O. Box 30776
Physical address: Mwai House – 2nd Floor, Convention Drive –
Opposite TAMA House, Lilongwe