Castel Malawi Limited
Applications are invited from highly qualified, self-motivated, and experienced candidates to fill the following vacant position at Castel Malawi Limited (CML). The position is tenable at the CML Head Office in Blantyre.
Purpose of the Job
The position exists to:
- Provide legal advisory services to various functions within the company.
- Manage the legal risks associated with contracts that the company has and is
expected to enter
- Assist the Legal Counsel and Company Secretary in day-to-day duties to ensure
smooth running of the Legal section.
- Develop legal database for easy follow up of court cases
- Service of various court documents.
- Organise and track all case files
- Liaise with the Human Resources Department on all employment related court cases whether at the Industrial Relations Court or High Court
- Manage various company legal documents such as title deeds for properties, and
- Provide legal expertise in developing contracts with suppliers and contractors,
tenancy contracts for expatriates and rented premises, and contracts with Distributors.
- Handle all insurance related issues with insurance brokers (Hubertus) and insurance company (NICO).
- File documents at the Registrar General Office each time there is an update
- Ensure company documents are properly filed in his/her office and at the Lands
- Review progress of outstanding ligation (cases) where cases are handled by
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience
- University Degree in Law with not less than 3 years experience or Diploma in Law with not less than 5 years experience practicing in a busy environment.
- Conversant with Malawi Labor Laws.
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to negotiate
- Good understanding of court processes.
- High level of integrity, confidentiality and honesty
Method of Application
Those interested and are meeting the above requirements, should send their application letter including detailed CV, and copies of certificates to:
The Human Resources & Corporate Affairs Director
Castel Malawi Limited
PO Box 406
The closing date for receiving applications is Wednesday 25th January 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.
Castel Malawi Limited is an equal opportunity employer; as such, females are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org