University of Malawi
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacancies at the level of Lecturer, Senior Lecturer, Associate Professor or Professor tenable at the Department of Politics and Government.
QUALIFICATIONS AND ATTRIBUTES
Applicants should possess the following qualification and attributes:
- A minimum of Bachelor of Arts in Public Administration / Political Science Degree and related fields, with credit.
- For the post of Lecturer, candidates must have a Master’s Degree in Public Administration/Political Science or related disciplines.
- For the post of Senior Lecturer, Associate Professor, or Professor, candidates must have a good record of publications in their field of expertise, and must show evidence of initiative in research.
- Leadership skills, and evidence of creativity and community engagement will be added advantage.
Specific responsibilities shall include, but not limited to:
- Teaching, setting and timely marking examinations for undergraduate and postgraduate programmes.
- Conducting research in the area of specialization.
- Supervising undergraduate and postgraduate student projects within the Department.
- Participating in all academic and professional activities of the Department.
- Initiating research projects.
- Initiating and participating in resource mobilization activities.
- Carrying out any duties as may be assigned by the Head of Department.
Method Of Application
Applications including a detailed CV, copies of certificates and names of three traceable referees should be submitted not later than 17th May. 2023 to the address below clearly indicating the post being applied for:
UNIVERSITY OF MALAWI
P. O. BOX 280