University of Malawi
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill vacant posts within the Department of Economics of the University of Malawi at the grade levels of lecturer or above who will be teaching Macroeconomics, Econometrics, Philosophy of Economics, Labour Economics, Environmental Economics or any combinations of these with an emphasis in Macroeconomics.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIREMENTS FOR LECTURER IN MACROECONOMICS (ONE POST)
Applicants for the post should behave:
(1) A minimum of a Ph.D. in Economics
(2) A demonstrable ability to conduct research in the said economics fields. A track record of publications in reputable peer-reviewed and nonpredatory journals and books. At least a minimum of two journal publications, a chapter contribution to books, or one book.
(3) Evidence of teaching and supervision in the various fields of macroeconomics at the postgraduate level.
(4) Track record of international conference attendance, with a minimum of three international conferences.
(5) The applicant should demonstrate advanced knowledge in at least R, Stata or both.
Those with knowledge in Eviews, RATS, LIMDEP, TSP, GAUSS, SAS, MATLAB will have an added advantage
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIREMENTS FOR LECTURER IN ECONOMICS ( 2 POSTS)
(1) Minimum of a Masters in Economics
(2) Applicants should demonstrate the ability to conduct research in the philosophy of economics, history of economic thought, environmental economics, and Microfinance.
(3) Track record of international conference attendance, with a minimum of three international conferences
(4) The applicant should demonstrate advanced knowledge in at least R, Stata or both. Those with knowledge in Eviews, RATS, LIMDEP, TSP, GAUSS, SAS, MATLAB will have an added advantage
Female applicants are highly encouraged.
Competitive salaries will be offered to successful applicants.
Method Of Application
Applications with detailed Curriculum Vitae, certified copies of degree certificates and academic transcripts, and three letters of reference should be forwarded to:
The University Registrar
University of Malawi
P.O Box 280
The closing date for receipt of applications is 27th October 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews.