Médecins Sans Frontières
Médecins Sans Frontières is a private, non-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in crisis, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation. In Malawi, MSF works in collaboration with the Ministry of Health and the local community in integrated HIV/AIDS in Chiradzulu District and Cervical Cancer projects Blantyre districts.
MSFF is looking for its Blantyre, Coordination Office:
Position: LEARNING AND DEVELOPMENT MANAGER – 1 POSITION
Workplace: Blantyre & Chiradzulu
Type of contract : 6-months Fixed term with possible extension
Main purpose of the position
The Learning and Development Manager provides strategic and functional expertise and advice in learning and development with the aim to plan and apply processes and activities that foster the development of a diverse and accomplished workforce to achieve the mission’s operational goals effectively.
- With the support of the Human Resources Coordinator (HRCO) and in collaboration with the coordination, responsible to define, develop, promote, apply, follow up and advise on the learning and development strategy of the mission – with the aim to develop MSF staff (and external collaborators, where relevant) to achieve the mission’s operational objectives effectively
- Contribute to developing advanced, innovative and useful L&D solutions and initiatives for the global workforce that enable continuity and transfer within and across the missions and other MSF entities and local partners, i.e. talent development, securing a variety of L&D applications – including coaching & mentoring – adequate onboarding, etc.
- Advice and support coordinators, managers and supervisors to create supportive learning environments and apply appropriate learning and development processes, tools and best practices, including how to identify and address learning needs, gaps and opportunities.
- Influence stakeholders by building buy-in for the most appropriate learning and development approach for specific situations in accordance with mission and Operation Centre -level L&D and operations strategies.
- Proactively plan and lead the learning and development annual planning and budget process based on learning needs analyses and strategic operational and organizational objectives.
- Proactively seek to increase access to learning and development opportunities for all employees of the missions – including identifying synergy/exchanges/collaboration with other MSF sections and other local institutions.
- Plan develop and follow up on mission-wide or project-specific staff learning and development activities by identifying and addressing learning needs and opportunities that maximize staff development to achieve operational objectives.
- Knows OC’s recruitment and development policies, procedures and tools, adapt them to the Mission’s context and ensure an equitable, fair, transparent, efficient and accountable implementation throughout the Mission by all relevant people in the mission
- Follow up the quality and impact of whole briefing and induction processes, collects data and suggest improvements to HRCO if advisable
- Together with HRCO, HRO and Training Unit in HQ, contributes to create and implement a mission training policy adapted to the Mission in order to respond to the needs identified among the staff, prioritizing those needed to ensure the Operational objectives set.
- Participate in the identification, recruitment and capacity building of teams in specialized areas
Degree in Human Resources Management or Administration Studies
- 2 Years working experience in a Similar Job
- Previous working experience in MSF or Other NGO in developing countries
Computer Literacy Essential
Strategic Vision, Leadership, People Management, Flexibility, Planning, Commitment
Method of Application
Documents to provide:
Cover letter, Updated CV, ID Copy and relevant certificates
Deadline for submission of application: 31st October 2022
Application to be sent By Email to:
NOTE: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. MSFF does not reimburse the possible costs for transportation for tests and interviews that may take place during the recruitment process. MSF is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge any application/recruitment or training fees. : if ever you are requested to pay any amount to process your application or access employment with MSF, do not pay and please inform the MSF administration email@example.com as soon as possible.”