Over 950 million people worldwide need glasses, but cannot afford them.
They suffer from the consequences for the rest of their lives.
Children can’t follow lessons at school, adults can’t take up qualified work or can’t do so at all. The team of GoodVision (GV) wants to change that.
OneDollarGlasses / GoodVision was founded in 2012 by Martin Aufmuth and has received many awards. Today, our non-profit association is active in ten project countries. Worldwide, more than 500 employees, including more than 300 volunteers in Germany, are personally committed to our common goal.
We are looking for a Lead of Project Management Office & Internal Controls in Malawi to join our team and help our Country Project Manager and Managerial staff
complete operational and project tasks as needed.
In this newly created position you will:
- Support the management team in developing projects, ensure project completion,
- Develop co-operatively company protocols as part of our continuous improvement program, and ensure protocols are followed, innovation we seek is being achieved,
- Research and conduct data analysis to prepare documents for review and presentation to boards of directors, committees, and executives,
- Develop co-operatively company protocols as part of our continuous improvement programme, and ensure protocols are followed,
- Act as the link to our German fundraising team in developing grant ideas and reporting on the completion of projects,e collaboration with central functions in Germany,
- Give support to the local organization by developing adapted Excel tools, advising and training the managers in charge of these processes,
- Act as the link to our German fundraising team in developing grant ideas and reporting on completion of projects,
- Be part of a motivated & ambitious team.
Ideally you have
- A bachelor’s degree in business, development cooperation, or a related field,
- 3-5 years of project management experience and advanced knowledge in project management software tools, methodologies and best practices in a (social) business and/or development cooperation context,
- A strong track record in completing projects according to outlined scope, budget, and timeline,
- First experience in process (re-)design and implementation,
- Ideally first leadership experience in functional and/or line roles, motivational and
people engagement skills,
- Excellent analytical and presentations skills to various groups,
- Strong interpersonal skills and communications skills in an intercultural setting,
- High level of pro-activity, conflict management skills, creative solution
development & entrepreneurial thinking,
- Advanced MS Office Skills (esp. Excel and Power Point & including VISIO),
- Excellent English skills, ideally good German and/or Chichewa language skills
- Challenging responsibility to further build our organization in Malawi
- Interesting job in a highly motivated team and intercultural context
- The chance to make a difference and contribute to improving the basic optical care of people on the African continent
- Salary common for an NGO
Method of Application
If you are interested, please send your curriculum vitae and motivation letter with your salary expectation and earliest possible starting date.