Ministry of Gender, Community Development and Social Welfare
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Malawians, Civil Servants or non-civil servants, as the case may be, depending on the requirements or the post, for the vacancies listed below existing in the Civil Service:
MINISTRY OF GENDER, COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT AND SOCIAL WELFARE
Post : Laboratory Technician (Grade K)
Salary : Within the Grade K salary scale segment
Location : Ministry of Gender, Community Development and Social Welfare
Applicants should be in possession of a Diploma in Agro-Food processing, Food Science or Industrial Laboratory.
- Developing the guidelines for Agro-Food Laboratory users to ensure safety and Hygiene;
- Preparing schedules for Nutrition and Agro-Food students’ practical sessions;
- Helping students to operate Agro-Food Laboratory equipment;
- Maintaining and servicing Agro-Food Laboratory equipment;
- Setting up the laboratory to meet the specifications of practical sessions as outlined by Tutors;
- Ensuring that materials for lab sessions are planned and procured timely;
- Supervising general cleanness, safety and sanitation inside and outside the lab;
- Working in collaboration with Tutors and other officers to plan materials for the lab;
- Producing laboratory monthly reports;
- Maintaining ledgers with regard to materials used in the Agro-Food laboratory;
- Developing an improvement plan for the Agro-Food Laboratory; and
- Any other duties assigned from time to time.
Documentary evidence of major requirements specified in the advertisement shall be required during interviews. Serving officers will also be required to demonstrate during the interviews
that they are permanent and pensionable officers in the Civil Service by producing letters of confirmation in appointment in addition to letters of condition of appointment on probation (PSR 19).
Method Of Application
Civil Service Commission is an equal opportunity employer: All qualified individuals are welcome to apply. Interested qualified candidates should submit their applications together with copies of relevant Certificates and Curriculum Vitae to:
Civil Service Commission
P.O. Box 30133
To reach him not later than 10 February, 2023
To apply for this job please visit csc.mail.mw.