Malawi AIDS Counselling and Resource Organization (MACRO)
Malawi AIDS Counselling and Resource Organization (MACRO) is a locally registered non-governmental organization (NGO) established in 1995 to complement Government’s efforts in in the fight against HIV and AIDS and other health related issues.
MACRO’s Vision is “Malawi populace free of ill-Health” and its Mission is “Transform lives of Malawians through provision of high quality HIV and AIDS, and other health related services”.
With funding from CDC, MACRO is implementing the IMPACT Project whose purpose is: To strengthen effective measures to address unmet needs for HTS among men and KP/PP and HIV services for KP in CDC supported districts towards the attainment of 95-95-95 goals.
Therefore, MACRO is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacant positions in Mzimba, Lilongwe and Blantyre.
Role: KP Program Manager
Responsible for: Lilongwe, Blantyre and Mzimba South
The main function of the Key Population Manager will be to contribute to the implementation, supervision and monitoring of the project activities, as well as support in administrative and logistical management activities for the implementation of the activities.
- Monitor the weekly and monthly implementation of the work plans involved in the project, propose synergies among all partners to better achieve results;
- Propose the realization of technical discussions and theoretical updates for the staff involved in the project, according to the need;
- Establish/strengthen partnerships with relevant directorates of the Ministry of Health, CDC and other partners funded by the US Government to ensure greater synergies and an effective network of reference units in country;
- Implement activities designed in the work plan within established timelines;
- Support the production of important information and data on the implementation of the project, either through the organization of technical meetings and supervision of direct collection of information or other mechanisms to be defined;
- Ensure the proper collection and recording of project monitoring data by setting instruments, producing analyses and proposing new indicators, if needed. Support the implementation of all project activities.
- Master’s degree in business or public administration, Development Studies, Social work, public health, Nursing or other Health related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive experience managing HIV prevention, care and treatment activities.
- Strong sense of teamwork and collaboration with other projects of the Organization.
- Experiences of working with marginalized groups. Experience working with complex programs involving short deadlines, multiple tasks, in coordination with multiple partners, to achieve expected results.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong presentation skills including the ability to present to CDC and other key stakeholders.
- Excellent diplomatic, interpersonal, negotiation and communication skills.
- Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Fluency in spoken and written English and Portuguese required.
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
Method Of Application
All interested applicants for the above position are requested to submit their application, CV, educational qualifications, names and contact telephone numbers of at least three traceable referees to The Executive Director, Malawi AIDS Counselling and Resource Organization through email to: email@example.com
Closing date for receiving applications is Wednesday, 31 May, 2023. Only short listed candidates will be acknowledged
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org