Malawi AIDS Counselling and Resource Organization (MACRO)
Malawi AIDS Counselling and Resource Organization (MACRO) is a locally registered non-governmental organization (NGO) established in 1995 to complement Government’s efforts in in the fight against HIV and AIDS and other health related issues.
MACRO’s Vision is “Malawi populace free of ill-Health” and its Mission is “Transform lives of Malawians through provision of high quality HIV and AIDS, and other health related services”.
With funding from CDC, MACRO is implementing the IMPACT Project whose purpose is: To strengthen effective measures to address unmet needs for HTS among men and KP/PP and HIV services for KP in CDC supported districts towards the attainment of 95-95-95 goals.
Therefore, MACRO is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacant position:
Role: KP Officer
Reporting to the KP Program Manager, the KP Project Officer will be responsible for implementing Key Population services and Priority Population in the district. They will coordinate the identification of KP and provision of comprehensive person centered prevention treatment and care services. The officer will coordinate peer educator microplanning strategy for MSM, FSW and TG populations. S/he will work coordinate with all the relevant program teams and district stakeholders.
- Ensure effective operation of the district KP activities by developing monthly activity plans.
- Make appropriate referrals for on-going support and actively track referrals for HIV care, treatment and support services.
- Follow up on all referrals made and ensure that data is correctly captured for MSMs, FSWs and TGs accessing HIV prevention services including STI diagnosis, Gender Based Violence (GBV) and treatment, adherence to treatment
- Mentor KP Peer Educators on how to conduct risk assessment and risk reduction counseling and facilitate health education sessions in the hot spots and during outreaches.
- Provide post counseling follow-up to positive clients to ensure they are enrolled in care and provide adherence counseling to the KPs on treatment.
- Hold a Degree in health related field.
- At least two (2) years’ experience working in a busy Key population and/or HIV and AIDS service provision including HIV testing, STI screening and treatment, ART provision and care and support.
Knowledge and Skills
- Familiarity with condom programming approach
- Experience working with key population desired
- Comfortable to interact with MSM & FSW
- Possession of motorbike license will be an added advantage
- HIV Testing and Counselling knowledge will be an added advantage
Method Of Application
All interested applicants for the above position are requested to submit their application, CV, educational qualifications, names and contact telephone numbers of at least three traceable referees to The Executive Director, Malawi AIDS Counselling and Resource Organization through email to: email@example.com
Closing date for receiving applications is Wednesday, 31 May, 2023. Only short listed candidates will be acknowledged
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org