Asamala Health Services-Area18 Mediclinic
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the post of Medical Doctor tenable at Asamala Health Services (Area18 Medi-clinic) in Lilongwe.
REPORTS TO: MEDICAL DIRECTOR
The duties and responsibilities shall include:
- To provide quality medical care to patients attending to Area 18 Medi Clinic for medical services
- To improve delivery of medical services to patients
- To provide guidance to locum doctors and nurses – the latter in liaison with the matron.
- To help with administrative duties.
- Follow established routines and utilize supplies and equipment in cost-effective manner.
- Maintain a clean, orderly, safe environment for patients and personnel
- Maintain patient’s rights and confidentially on patient information.
- Admit and orient patients. Receive detailed reports on assigned patients. Write on-going reports on condition of patients.
- Attend in-service trainings and other meetings. Ensure cooperation with other personnel.
- Attend to any other duties as assigned by supervisors.
- Undertaking patient consultations and physical examinations.
- Providing general pre-and post-operative care.
- Monitoring and administering medication.
- Assessing and planning treatment requirements.
- Liaising daily with staff including Doctors, non-medical management staff and healthcare professionals.
- Promoting health education.
Minimum Education and Experience
· Finished internship program successfully
· Registration with Medical Council of Malawi
Knowledge and Skills
· Knowledge of medical council compliance regulations
· Gained high quality clinical skills and minor surgical procedures
· Ability to set, monitor and assess achievement against performance targets and quality standards, and service agreements for each team member.
· Ability to provide leadership, supervision and training using positive supervisory techniques to ensure maximum productivity.
· Exceptional skills in organization, delegation, and time management
· Intermediate skills in personal computers, word processing and excel and other software programs.
· Achievement Orientation – Set and meet aggressive commitments for self and others. Overcomes obstacles and accepts responsibility.
· Strategic Perspective – Ability to define longer-term goals that need to be achieved. Establish priorities, challenging goals and measurements consistent with these goals and organizational vision.
· Critical Judgement and Decision-Making – Define issues and focus on achieving workable solutions to obstacles. Make sensible decisions based on analysis and experience.
· Good Communicator – Communicates well, both verbally and in writing. Effectively conveys and shares information with others. Presents ideas clearly and concisely.
· Leadership and Interpersonal Skills – Creates a culture of continuous development where employees feel ownership in what they do and continually improve themselves and the business.
· Inspire Commitment: Actions and behaviors are consistent with words.
· Self-Development – Learns Continuously. Pursues positive change in self and organization. Builds own personal development plan to acquire/advance skills.
Method Of Application
All CVs and application letter should be addressed to the following address not later than 27th January, 2023.
Asamala Health Services
P.O. Box 31879
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com