Malawi Telecommunications Limited (MTL)
Malawi Telecommunications Limited (MTL) invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced Malawian candidates to fill the vacant position of IT Security and Compliance Officer tenable at its offices in Blantyre.
MTL stands for its Core Values of Customer Focus, Improving Continuously, Ethical, Teamwork, Empowerment and Professionalism. The successful candidates will embody and practice the Company’s Core Values in playing their part in the future of the company.
Reporting to Head of Information Services, the main purpose of the job is to implement, maintain, support and develop MTL network infrastructure.
The main duties and responsibilities will include but not limited to the following:
- Participating in IT Security Planning
- IT Security Policy and Governance enforcement
- Security Awareness and Training
- Conducting internal security audits on infrastructure and systems
- Responsible for the design, integration, deployment, and performance evaluation of the full end to end Network.
- Responsible for implementing network security measures.
- Monitoring network performance and implementing necessary adjustments.
- Implementing and administering network management and monitoring tools.
- Responsible for diagnosing and resolving network related issues either affecting the users or Network infrastructure.
- Providing technical escalation point and supporting other team members.
- Providing recommendations for Network and continuously improving resiliency across our infrastructure.
- Providing expertise in Cisco networking technologies.
- Ensuring that all changes to production infrastructure are documented according to change management procedures with required approval before deployment.
- Participating and owning the Incident Response process to identify, isolate and remove security threats and vulnerabilities.
- As an Information Technology team member, taking on additional tasks and responsibilities within the department as assigned.
The successful candidate should have the following qualifications and attributes:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or its equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in network engineering or similar role in a medium to large organization with interbranch connectivity.
- CCNA, CCNP certification
- Routing and switching knowledge and experience
- L2/L3 layer with troubleshooting skills
LAN Technologies – VLANS, STP, VTP, Port Security, PBR (Policy Based Routing)
VPN: GRE/ IPSec / DMVPN/MPLS/VRFs/ LDP/RSVP-TE/ L2 VPNs
- Knowledge and exposure on Network Monitoring Tools
- Be honest and of good integrity.
- Experience on firewalls
- Should be a Team Player and results oriented
Method Of Application
Interested candidates should submit their applications together with their curriculum vitae and names and addresses of three traceable referees to the Chief Executive Officer of MTL.
Only applications submitted electronically to HR17083@MTL.mw by 17.00 hours on Thursday, 7th September 2023 will be considered.
“We are an equal opportunity Employer”
To apply for this job email your details to HR17082@MTL.mw