VisionFund Malawi is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacant positions tenable at its Head Office in Lilongwe:
IT OFFICER – CORE BANKING AND INTEGRATION
Reporting to the IT Manager, the Banking Systems Analyst will work within the ITIL service management framework to ensure efficient and secured operation of the core-banking system, T24, and all others (e.g. T24, UT Applications, VIP Payroll, Sun System). The role will work with VFI Network-approved consultants on new installations, enhancements or changes to banking systems while ensuring that IT standards, policies and procedures are followed. The role will also coordinate the delivery of banking systems training to staff.
The job holder will be responsible to executing the effective and efficient delivery of the VisionFund Malawi Banking Applications and assure effective and efficient monitoring of the same.
Major Responsibilities and Duties
- Monitors resource Capacity, utilization, performance and availability of Core Banking Service and Alternate Channels Services;
- Installs, upgrades and configures specialist applications as required by the service they enable;
- Monitors resource utilization and application performance and plans / executes preventive or corrective actions to maintain high efficiency levels;
- Maintains and tracks known application errors or problems documentation and matches associated unresolved incidents against the same. Also keeps relevant stakeholders informed on resolution progress;
- Devises solutions or workarounds in response to incidents to ensure that the effect on service is minimized;
- For all requests that cannot be directly resolved, provides an effective interface at the highest level between users and service providers; ensures that priority setting and escalation procedures are applied effectively and that all complaints are responsibly and professionally resolved;
- Accepts application objects, fixes or patches, from application development projects and/or infrastructure component changes, ensuring that they meet the defined acceptance criteria and follows appropriate infrastructure object deployment build guides to implement onto target infrastructure;
- Performs regular failover or disaster recovery testing and ensures that all associated procedures are updated;
- Regularly monitors the incidence, trends, status and speed of resolution of enquiries and problems in regard to owned applications; is pro-active in devising improvements and recommending changes to systems, products or services;
- Generate and publish daily/adhoc report requests from the different business functions and regulatory required;
- Identify new standard report requirements from adhoc requests to improve customer satisfaction and efficiency;
- Manage and lead the supervised staff on Projects in a professional and a ‘hands on’ way.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or related field
- ITIL Certification or training
- Good working knowledge of LINUX OS
- 1-3 years’ experience supporting Temenos T24 banking system in medium to large organizations
- Working knowledge in supporting databases (preferably SQL and jBase)
- Some Application development skills in Visual Basic and/or C++
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly and persuasively, interpret documents, understand procedures, write reports and correspondence; speak clearly to third parties and employees.
- Able and willing to solve complex analytical challenges, independently analyse information; and make recommendations based on analysis.
- Self-motivated team player with the ability to adapt and work co-operatively and effectively in different situations and teams to carry out assigned task
- Disposition to share knowledge fully and willingly with other employees in the interest of the company
- Good ICT Security Awareness
- Two years Technical/Systems Support/Programming experience required
- Two years banking/financial experience preferable
Method Of Application
Interested candidates should send their applications together with their detailed Curriculum Vitae, three traceable referees and copies of certificates to:
The People, Culture and Administration Manager,
Private Bag A232,
Closing date for receiving applications is 30th October, 2023.
VisionFund Malawi does not use agents, nor solicit any form of payments for any application, training, interviewing, testing or any fees in connection with this recruitment. Report any acts of solicitation for payment and/or extortion to VisionFund Malawi on the following; Tip offs Toll Lines: 0884621623