Press Corporation Plc
INVESTMENT ANALYST – DUE DILIGENCE UNDERWRITING
Press Corporation Plc invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the vacant position of Investment Analyst – Due Diligence Underwriting tenable at its Corporate Office in Blantyre.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the successful candidate leads in originating the projects pipeline, designing optimal project funding models, advising on the improvement of the projects under review in Group entities, executing transactions, providing technical oversight of the portfolio of investments and management of the different portfolios.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The duties and responsibilities of the position will include the following, in addition to other duties as assigned to incumbent from time to time:
Project Management Function
- Researching and identifying project development and investment opportunities including identification of potential project partners and derivation of possible investment strategies.
- Conducting all pre-project development activities, such as:
- Preliminary due diligence on prospective investees;
- Preliminary financial, structural and risk analysis; and
- Project risk analysis and management strategies formulation.
- Formulating and performing detailed market analyses, financial models and feasibility studies to support investment evaluation.
- Taking a leading role throughout the project lifecycle, starting from sourcing, negotiation and execution of transactions to post-closing value creation and asset management.
- Preparing investment memorandums, financial models, and supporting documentation for each prospective investment.
- Carrying out project evaluation, and constantly updating relevant stakeholders about strategy, adjustments, and progress.
- Creating and maintaining comprehensive project documentation.
Investment Management Function
- Developing, framing, analyzing and executing value creation initiatives in respect of the Group’s investments in close collaboration with external and internal stakeholders supported by the PCL Operations team.
- Analysing and reporting on the Group’s investments performance to various stakeholders, including Executive Management.
- Assisting the Corporate Office in discharging off-site and on-site surveillance of its diverse investments while managing Group synergies.
Strategy, Planning and Reporting Function
- Participating in relevant sessions for strategic planning at Group and subsidiary levels.
- Contributing to periodic reviews of Group and subsidiary strategies.
- Reviewing and monitoring strategy implementation of the Group and its investments.
We are looking for a hardworking, ethical and dedicated individual with strict attention to detail. The successful candidate will be an individual who has a good understanding and the ability to structure investments across the financing spectrum from senior lending to equity.
Applicants should possess the following attributes:
- A holder of a Master’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Engineering and/or Investment.
- 5 years or more experience in project origination, development, evaluation and management and/or financing, with specific emphasis on projects in the infrastructure or real sectors of the economy.
- Self-starter and team player with demonstrable ability to work independently in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Good communication and negotiation skills.
Method Of Application
Interested individuals who meet the above criteria should send their applications together with a detailed Curriculum Vitae indicating the names and addresses of three traceable referees by email only to email@example.com. All correspondence should be addressed to:
The Chief Finance and Administration Executive
Press Corporation Plc
P.O. Box 1227
Closing date for receiving applications is Friday, 23rd February, 202
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org