Office Of the Ombudsman
The Office of the Ombudsman is a public body established under the Republic of Malawi Constitution. Section 123 of the Constitution accords the Office of the Ombudsman the mandate to investigate any and all cases where it is alleged that a person or a group of persons have suffered an injustice and there appears to be no any remedy reasonably available by way of appeal from court or where there is no other practicable remedy.
The Office of the Ombudsman is inviting applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the following vacant positions:
Job Title : Investigations and Research Officer
Grade : OMB7
Responsible to : Principal Investigations and Research Officer (Grade OMB5)
Duty Station : Zomba/Balaka, Lilongwe, Mzuzu, Blantyre, Karonga, Nsanje, Mangochi and Nkhotakota
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Investigating complaints of alleged maladministration;
Following up on compliance of Ombudsman’s Determinations by MDAs and recommending appropriate action;
• Participating in systemic investigations;
• Conducting research in areas identified in the course of investigations or reported maladministration;
Coordinating safe custody of all investigative records and evidence; Facilitating the documentation of all research and investigations carried out in
concise, factual and timely manner;
• Analyzing statistics from the case load management system and submitting reports to the Principal Investigations Officer;
• Compiling, producing and submitting investigations and research reports;
• Drafting quarterly and annual reports on the activities of the Department;
• Supervising the work of the registry on cases received, referred, investigated and resolved;
• Conducting performance appraisals; and
• Performing any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications and Experience
- Applicants must be in possession of a Bachelor’s Degree in Law, Political Science, Social Science, Public Policy, Human rights and Governance or Public Administration obtained from accredited institution.
- Working experience in accountability and oversight functions will be an added advantage.
Be of high integrity
• Team builder and ability to work without supervision
Good track record of interpersonal skills
Sufficient knowledge in Human rights and Governance
Have excellent negotiation and analytical skills Have excellent oral and written communication skills
Computer knowledge in Microsoft Office (word, excel, access) and other computer
Method Of Application
Interested candidates should submit applications attaching a Curriculum Vitae, including
three traceable referees and copies of certificates, to reach the undersigned not later
than Friday, 13th August, 2022.
Office of the Ombudsman
St. Martin’s House
Private Bag 348
The applications should be emailed to email@example.com
PLEASE INDICATE ON THE ENVELOPE THE POSITION BEING APPLIED FORONLY SHORTLISTED
APPLICANTS WILL BE ACKNOWLEDGED.
“THE OFFICE OF THE OMBUDSMAN IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER”
To apply for this job please visit ombudsmanmalawi.org.