Lets Write Africa’s Story Together!
Old Mutual is a firm believer in the African opportunity and our diverse talent reflects this.
The purpose of this position is to manage and control the full internal control engagements cycles to ensure that risk management, control and governance processes over the entity’s operations are effective, efficient, and subjected to continuous improvement leading to financial stability and compliance with applicable laws, contractual agreements, regulations, regulatory directives, internal policies and procedures, and industry best practices
- Develop the Internal Control Specialist unit charter and ensure that it is properly and fully implemented such that the Internal Control Specialist unit activities achieve the purpose and responsibilities included in this charter.
- Determine Internal Control Specialist unit scope and develop annual engagement methodology and plans.
- Manage Internal Control Specialist unit assignments as per the annual plans, in line with the International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing issued by IIA, and the audit methodologies (from planning stage through to reporting and follow up on resolution of audit findings).
- Facilitate risk and control assessments in respect of key business processes being audited and documenting the results accordingly.
- Develop and implement revenue assurance workstreams across the line businesses
- Identifying and documenting value adding insights on businesses operations for discussion with management and inclusion in reports, including formulation of effective action plans to address the noted underlying root causes.
- Manage relationships with the Finance Director/ Executive Committee and other Line Managers to ensure compliance with internal controls across all the business units and support functions.
- Obtain, analyze and evaluate accounting documentation, previous reports, data flow charts, etc.
- Prepare and present reports which reflect engagement results and document work papers and advise the Executive Committee on recommendations for future reference and benchmarking.
- Act as an objective source of independent advice and ensure validity, legality and goal achievement.
- Identify loopholes and recommend risk aversion measures and cost savings.
- Conduct follow up on prior raised issues to monitor management intervention on recommendations.
- Engage for continuous knowledge development regarding the sector’s rules, directives/regulations, best practices, tools, techniques and performance standards.
Bachelor Of Accountancy
17 February 2024
The Old Mutual Story!
To apply for this job please visit oldmutual.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com.