Press Corporation Plc
Vacancy – Internal Auditor
Press Corporation Plc (PCL) invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the vacant position of Internal Auditor tenable at its Corporate Head Office in Blantyre.
Purpose of the Job
The Internal Auditor reports to the Internal Audit and Risk Manager. The position assists in developing and implementing a risk-based annual audit work plan for the PCL Group in accordance with the Department’s Internal Audit Charter and Audit Manual. Assignments vary in complexity and are carried out with minimum supervision. The position, in liaison with Risk Coordinators, also takes an active role in coordinating Enterprise-wide Risk Management process.
Duties and Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities of the position will among others include the following:
- Assist in preparing a risk-based annual audit work plan.
- Plan and execute risk-based Financial, Compliance and Operational audits in accordance with the audit plan.
- Maintain effective working relationships with all levels of staff, including Senior Management, to ensure that audit requirements, approach and reporting procedures are understood.
- Identify, prepare and present reports that reflect audit results.
- Follow up on prior audit issues to confirm agreed action plans are implemented, efficient and effective in managing risks.
- Use data analytics to increase the level of assurance provided and to achieve efficiency in executing audit assignments.
- Review risk reports from PCL Group Companies and prepare a quarterly risk report for use at PCL.
- Conduct investigations as and when required.
- Liaise with Risk Coordinators to improve the PCL Group Enterprise Risk Management process.
- Recommend and implement ideas to improve processes used by the Internal Audit Department to deliver value for clients.
We are looking for a hardworking, ethical and dedicated individual with strict attention to detail. Applicants should possess the following attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accountancy, Internal Audit or Finance from a reputable institution.
- Internationally recognized professional accounting or auditing qualification such as CIA, ACCA or CRMA
- Member of the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) or Institute of Chartered Accountants in Malawi (ICAM).
- At least three (3) years experience in internal or external auditing. Those with experience in Enterprise Risk Management will have an added advantage.
- Good interpersonal and communications skills and ability to interact with Senior Management.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task to ensure all work assignments are completed within planned timelines.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
Method of Application
Interested individuals who meet the above criteria should send their applications together with a detailed Curriculum Vitae indicating the names and addresses of three traceable referees by email only to email@example.com
The Chief Finance & Administration Executive
Press Corporation Plc
P.O. Box 1227, BLANTYRE
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org