Vanguard Life Assurance Company Ltd
Vanguard Life Assurance (VLA) Company Limited is a fast growing locally registered financial services company which started its operations on 1st January 2001. Its line of business is the provision of financial security through Life Assurance investment solutions and other related financial services.
We therefore seek to recruit a suitably qualified and experienced candidate for the position of Internal Audit Officer tenable at the head office in Blantyre. The position reports to the Managing Director.
Review, evaluate and monitor internal control systems and procedures to ensure that management policies are being complied with, assets are safeguarded, information is maintained in a secure and accurate manner and legal requirements are complied with.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Perform and control the full audit cycle including risk management and control management over operations’ effectiveness, financial reliability and compliance with all applicable directives and regulations
- Provide assistance in the determination of internal audit scope and development of the risk based annual plans.
- Conduct internal audit engagements in line with the approved risk based internal audit plan and the International Professional Practice Framework (Internal Auditing Standards).
- Obtain, analyse and evaluate accounting documentation, previous reports, data, flowcharts etc.
- Act as an objective source of independent advice to ensure validity, legality and goal achievement.
- Identify loopholes and recommend risk aversion measures and cost savings
- Maintain open communication with management and audit committee
- Engage to continuous knowledge development regarding sector’s rules, regulations, best practices, tools, techniques and performance standards
- Review effectiveness and efficiency of internal operations, policies and controls in safeguarding company assets and achievement of objectives.
- Assist the Head of Audit in the coordination of the activities of the Audit Committee including preparation of the quarterly board packs
- Review compliance with approved established systems, policies and procedures, laws and regulations and reporting on non-compliance and recommending corrective measures.
- Undertake IT Systems review
- Conduct risk assessments on all new and existing projects under the Group.
- Conduct follow up audits to monitor management’s interventions on raised audit and other regulatory issues.
- Compile Audit reports and following up on agreed action plans on raised audit issues.
- Conduct special audit assignments and investigations
Required Qualifications and Attributes
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, Business Studies
- Studying towards a professional course like ACCA, CIA, CIMA
- At least 2 years working experience in an Internal Audit or Accounting environment.
- Advanced computer skills in MS Office, Accounting software/packages and databases
- Ability to manipulate large amounts of data and to compile detailed reports
- Knowledge of auditing standards and procedures, laws, rules and regulations
- High attention to detail and excellent analytical skills
- Sound independent judgement.
Qualified and interested candidates should apply to the address below, enclosing certified copies of relevant academic and professional certificates and curriculum vitae indicating three names of traceable referees with valid telephone numbers and email addresses. All applications must reach the addressee below not later than Wednesday, 20th July, 2022 at 4.30 pm, Central Africa Time (CAT).
Method Of Application
The Human Resources Officer
Vanguard Life Assurance Company Ltd
Old Air Malawi Building
P.O Box 1625
“Vanguard Life Assurance Company Limited is an equal opportunity employer, so, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, tribe, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.”