Jhpiego seeks to recruit a highly motivated Intern M&E Officer to be based in Lilongwe. Under the guidance and technical oversight from the MER Advisor, the Intern M&E Officer is responsible for the implementation of M&E systems, supporting utilization of quality data to inform evidence based programing and planning processes. The Intern M&E Officer will be responsible for facilitating routine data collection, entry, analysis and utilization at the facility. S/he will facilitate and conduct routine data quality assurance exercises and participate in the regular data verification and MER supervisory visits at facility level. S/he will promote quality M&E systems at facility level and will be a link between Jhpiego and MDF to promote quality M&E standards and systems. S/he will support mandatory reporting of data.
- Support M&E strengthening processes and systems at facility by ensuring that recording and reporting tools are available and utilized
- Support processes to assure accurate data documentation, entry and management into approved data management systems.
- Provides support to facility staff in data management including data entry, retrieval, analysis and presentations.
- Participate in preparation of data for analysis to inform quality programming
- Support data entry as and when needed.
- Support Data verification exercises
- Take part in data quality assessments
- Collaborate in the ongoing improvement of the efficiency of data entry, identifying and proposing ways to streamline the process.
- Contributes to a team effort and accomplishes related results as required.
- Maintains data confidentiality
- Perform any other duties assigned by the MER Advisor and as per need of the program.
- Diploma in relevant field (e.g. Public health, Social science, Nursing, Computer science)
- Degree in related field such as Public Health, Social Science, Nursing, Computer Science will have an added advantage
- Demonstrate capacity to plan, prioritize and deliver tasks on time to meet goals on a highly pressured environment.
- Structured thinker with experience collecting data and analyzing datasets to identify key trends and to translate them into actionable options for decision makers
- Excellent analytical skills and technical proficiency with MS Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to build strategic relationships and interact with individuals of different backgrounds
- Oral and written communication skills in English and Chichewa
- Excellent verbal, visual and written communication skills
Jhpiego offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive employee benefits package.
Please apply at www.jhpiego.org/careers
Applicants must submit a single document for upload to include cover letter, resume, and references.
For further information about Jhpiego, visit our website at www.jhpiego.org
Note: The successful candidate selected for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
Jhpiego is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to tough international child safeguarding standards.
Jhpiego, a Johns Hopkins University affiliate, is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of gender, marital status, pregnancy, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, other legally protected characteristics or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria. Jhpiego promotes Affirmative Action for minorities, women, individuals who are disabled, and veterans.
To apply for this job please visit jobs-jhpiego.icims.com.