Amref Health Africa
Amref Health Africa was founded in 1957 and has since grown to become the largest African-based international health development organization, currently implementing more than 120 programs, directly reaching more than 12 million people across 35 African countries. Headquartered in Nairobi, Kenya, Amref Health Africa has offices in ten countries in Africa and an additional eleven advocacy and fundraising offices in Europe and North America. In the spirit of Ubuntu, partnership and networking are key elements of our approach. Amref has a staff complement of over 1,500.
Amref Health Africa is driven by its vision of ‘Lasting health change in Africa’ and its mission ‘To increase sustainable health access to communities in Africa through solutions in human resources for health, health service delivery, and investments in health’.
The position holder will be based at the Head Office in Lilongwe. Reporting to the Deputy Chief of Party, the Integration and Capacity Building Advisor shall meet the below specifications:
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
Reporting to the Deputy Chief of Party, USAID Momentum, the Integration and Capacity Building Advisor will provide technical leadership in tasks related to the capacity building of different project stakeholders involved in the implementation of the MOMENTUM activity including local organizations. The position will further take leadership in ensuring the integration of all program components to enhance the realization of reduced maternal, newborn and child mortality in the targeted districts.
Specific Key Responsibilities:
- Identify capacity gaps of Project implementing partners, national and district level key
stakeholders’/project participants and take appropriate measures to mitigate/minimize them.
- Develop a capacity building strategy/roadmap for project partners and stakeholders at
community, district and national level.
- In collaboration with technical thematic leads and implementing partners Provide oversight in all capacity building initiatives within the project. Ensure harmonization of training approaches.
- Significantly support the project learning agenda.
- Participate in and lead coordination meetings at district and national level.
- Take leadership and coordinate Capacity building initiatives in SPARC & integration
targeting the District Health Management Teams (DHMTs) in the targeted districts.
- Ensure linkages between capacity building initiatives at district level and National level MoH.
- Participate in project planning and review meetings to champion coordination, integration, capacity strengthening as well as flag likely overlaps, duplications, gaps and risk factors.
- Suggest solutions, where appropriate.
- Take Leadership in developing integration plans and standard operational guidelines for the project implementation teams for all the multiple health interventions as well as interventions from other sectors that contribute to realization of the project outcomes.
- Significantly support the district teams to develop and implement integration plans to
enhance integration at point of care to improve health system efficiencies reduce
fragmentation, and increase access to care.
- In line with the National Community health Strategy, coordinate implementation and
scaling up of integrated delivery of community components of the EHP at planning,
coordination, training & supervision, point of care, Referral, supply chain & M&E.
- Supporting the DCoP and M&E Director in Planning and coordinating Momentum USAID Project and Country Programmes reporting.
- Working with the M&E team to document and disseminate best practices and lessons learnt including preparing quality reports and papers on Capacity Building and Integration.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences or other related disciplines with relevant work
experience. A Master’s in the relevant field is an added advantage.
- Minimum 5 years of experience with at least 3 years directly in Capacity Building, training design & organization and curriculum development other training related interventions.
- Substantial experience implementing integrated health programs.
- Proficient in IT Skills e.g. MSOffice.
Competences & Skills:
- Demonstrates sound judgment, diplomacy and sensitivity to different expectations of the stakeholders
- Well versed with project management and development;
- Ability to work under pressure and against tight deadlines;
- Ability for analytical and strategic thinking;
- A proactive, participatory and result oriented approach to work.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested? Please visit our website https://amref.org/vacancies/ to make your application. You will be directed to our online portal where you will need to create an account in order for you to be able to submit your application. Your application should include a cover letter detailing why you are the best fit for this position and your CV with relevant skills and experience.
The closing date will be December 2, 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Duly note that Amref Health Africa does not require applicants to pay any money at whatever stage of the recruitment and selection process and has not retained any agent in connection with recruitment. Although Amref may use different job boards from time to time to further spread its reach for applicants, all open vacancies are published on our website under the Vacancies page and on our official social media pages. Kindly note that official emails from Amref Health Africa will arrive from an @amref.org address.
Amref Health Africa is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people, and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. Amref Health Africa is an equal opportunity employer and has a non-smoking environment policy.