SOS Children's Village
SOS Children’s Villages Malawi is a non-governmental child development organization which started its operations in Malawi in 1994. We envision every child belonging to a family and growing with
love, respect and security. We achieve this through building families for children in need, help them shape their own futures and share in the development of their communities.
We support children who have lost parental care and those at risk of losing parental care to develop within a caring family environment to their full potential as contributing members of their respective societies.
We are currently operating SOS Children’s Villages Programmes in Blantyre, Lilongwe, Mzuzu and Ngabu.
In this context, we are looking for suitable candidates to fill vacant positions at National Office in Lilongwe, Vocational Training Centre, and Ngabu Programme in Chikwawa District.
The Institutional Partnership Development Manager supports and leads SOS CV Malawi in the developmentof partnerships with institutional donors, in order to significantly increase and diversifythe financial resources available for national programs. S (h)e plays a crucial role in
enhancing the capacity of SOS CV Malawi’s team in grant acquisition, effective grant management, and strategic donor engagement, positioning and partnerships with major institutional donors. S (h) collaborates with the Director of National Programmes & Quality, the National Director and the Program Team to secure institutional funding for SOS CV Malawi. He/she develops and implements institutional partnership strategies, writes concept papers, proposals and other grant application documents and is a key contributor to the growth of the funding portfolio. S (h) e also manages the day to day donor relationships with bilateral donors, governmental institutions, embassies and any
other relevant national or international organizations.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Fundraising and Donor Liaison
- Proactively identify institutional partnership opportunities at the national/ local level (from bilateral, multilateral, international organizations and embassies and foundations) that match
organizational priorities and donor requirements. Develop a comprehensive database of potential donors and update the same regularly to ensure clear potential funding opportunities for SOS CV Malawi based on thorough research and intelligence gathering
- Writing expression of interests, concept notes and proposals and related applications for both grants and contracts under the strategic guidance of the DNP&Q. This includes: background research, stakeholder analysis, data collection & analysis, consultation processes, development of narrative proposal, coordination of grant proposal budget development and production of all
associated documents to a high standard in accordance with donor requirements
- Develop and maintain good relationships with donors by ensuring regular communication, knowledge exchange and effective reporting.
- Working with the DNP&Q, be the link between SOS CV Malawi and donors especially in management of institutional funding contracts.
Ensure regular communication with the SOS CV international and regional offices
Donor Contract Management
- Prepare and submit IPD monthly updates and quarterly reports to the DNP&Q and regional office
- Coordinate, monitor and assess the quality of donor reporting making sure that donor requirements are met during the project
- Implementation, monitoring and evaluation and phase/close out
- Responsible for Donor Contract Management (DCM) of institutional (restricted) grants, including contract preparation, development of consortium agreements, teaming agreements, monitoring of compliance with donor requirements, submission of reports.
- Create and maintain grant records in the ProDIGI Grant management system for all institutional donor contracts.
- Undertake routine donor contract administration for country programmes and ensure all grant files, (electronic, system and paper) are complete and kept up to date.
- Establish a close cross-functional working relationship with the Finance, Communication and Program and other departments and provide advice to ensure synergy in donor budgeting, contract management and reporting.
Strategy, Capacity Building
- Develop and implement an institutional fundraising and partnership strategy in line with the needs of SOS Children’s Villages Malawi and ensure this is infused within the organizational strategic plan, global IPD Strategy 3.0 and national plans
- Ensuring Senior Management are appraised of all strategic opportunities, challenges and risks in relation to potential funding opportunities, including key relations, grants and contracts.
- Analyzing the funding environment vis á vis SOS CV Malawi’s strategy, plans and priorities, mapping key donors and identifying trends in funding and implications for SOS CV Malawi; Review and implement the recommendations of the donor market survey
- Train and support relevant staff in Project Cycle Management and Logical Framework Approach among other models and approaches for project design and management
- Build fundraising capacity within the programme team, by training staff on proposal development, funding trends and policies, donor relations, reporting, contract management, etc.
- Document learning on the implementation of donor-funded grants and contracts, in order to improve understanding of donor requirements and to improve SOS CV Malawi’s overall grant
performance and compliance
Partnership Development and Networking
- Establish and maintain regular contact with donors by organizing donor roundtables, face to face meetings, attending donor forums etc.
- Supporting the DNP&Q, ND and programme team to develop new and existing relationships with key donors and potential consortia partners
- Negotiate collaboration with partner institutions and government departments in support of SOS CV Malawi subject to approval from DNP&Q
- Coordinating and facilitating consortia formation and strategic partnerships with other like-minded organizations/or local implementing partners for joint proposal development processes
- Coordinating capacity assessments and due diligence checks of potential local partners to be included in proposals
- Developing MOUs, pre-teaming agreements or other required documentation in relation to consortium formation and partnership development.
- Represent SOS CV Malawi in sector-level meetings (development and humanitarian/emergency) and other networking forums and use this to aggressively develop funding partnerships
- Participate in regional IPD networking and training forums and contribute to the development of new IPD strategies to improve practice
- Developing material to help promote SOS CV Malawi amongst potential donors, partners and key Government representatives, including briefings, capacity statements and presentations
- Work closely with the General Secretariat in ESAF regional office and International Office in order to ensure coordinated contact with donors.
Qualifications /skills And Experience
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in the social science field. Those with Master’s Degree will have an added advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience in a similar or related position
- Extensive experience in fund development strategies, organizational marketing, and proposal writing for institutional donor funding
- Proven experience in securing funding for local or international development non-governmental organizations; high-level donor engagement; corporate partnerships among others.
Desired Personality Characteristics
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Good communication, writing, and reporting skills.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Respect for different cultures and religions.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Ability to organize and lead teams.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
Method of Application
Interested persons should submit their applications with detailed Curriculum Vitae with three traceable referees to:
The Head of Human Resource & OD
SOS Children’s Villages Malawi.
P. O. Box 2359
Or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please ensure that you include your full contact details including telephone numbers.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com