National Water Resources Authority
The National Water Resources Authority (NWRA) is a statutory organization established by the Water Resources Act of 2013 with a specific function to regulate and manage water
resources. Furthermore, the NWRA seeks to ensure the sustainable use of water resources
and address the water resources planning, development and management challenges.
In its effort to sustainably manage water resources, the NWRA seeks to recruit energetic,
highly motivated, focused and result-oriented individuals to form part of its NWRA members of staff. In this regard, NWRA invites applications from suitable qualified and experienced persons to fill the following vacant position:
Purpose of the Job
To facilitate the inspection and enforcement processes.
Key Duties and responsibilities
- Ensure that licences are submitted and processed as per standard operating procedure
- Inspect water resources users to verify if the volume abstracted is in accordance with licence
- Make follow ups with industries to ascertain that the effluent discharged is not harmful
- Collect water samples for further inspection by laboratory
- Ensure defaulters are fined and their water sources closed
- Monitor catchment areas and recommend interventions if there is environmental degradation
- Conducting regular investigations to assess compliance to set standards in water resource management and development
- Preparing periodic reports.
Minimum Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Water Resource Management, Social Sciences or Engineering or Related field.
- Minimum of four (4) years’ relevant expbrience.
Additional Skills and Abilities
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Good communication skills both oral and written
- Good understanding of relevant laws and office procedures
- Attention to detail Integrity, honesty and confidentiality
The NWRA is an equal opportunity employer. Therefore, male and female persons including
persons with disabilities, who meet the prerequisite qualifications and experience are encouraged to apply.
An attractive remuneration package comprising a competitive salary and benefits will be offered to the successful candidates. The NWRA also offers excellent career development
Method of Application
Interested persons should submit their application with up-to-date detailed curriculum vitae (CV) including names and addresses of three traceable referees, to reach the undersigned
Only complete applications will be considered
All late applications shall not be considered.
The Executive Director,
National Water Resources Authority,
Private Bag 363, Lilongwe 3.
You can also send your application through email below:
To apply for this job email your details to Bandayvone3@gmail.com