Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacant posts tenable at Visionfund Head Office in Lilongwe
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY MANAGER
Responsible for IT Planning, Policies, Strategies and Project Management. The IT Manager proposes the information technology VFT will need to achieve its goals and then works within a budget to implement the plan. Lead in the adoption of and integration with digital solutions to improve the delivery of financial services in the MFI. Ensure secure and effective operation of all computer systems, related applications, hardware, and software. Identify technology needs and make recommendations to business decision-makers, Provide the business linkage with other stake holders i.e. Heads of other departments, Global Technology dept, Regulator: Vendors etc.
Major Responsibilities and Duties
- Design and implement strategic information technology plans and budgets for cost-effective procurement, utilization and maintenance of computer software and hardware:
- Ensure an effective digitization strategy is in place that supports the realization of the VisionFund Strategy
- Develop a manage a detailed plan of how the Technology & Digital strategy will be rolled out including core systems, mobile & digital applications, infrastructure, support and other technologies
- Planning the future objectives of the department and ensuring these are in accordance with the corporate business objectives of the MFl:
2. ICT Policy Implementation / IT Operations
- Developing and implementing IT policy and best practice guides for the MFI
- Develop processes and procedures for the implementation of the ICT policy.
- Evaluating, technology risks and develop a business continuity and disaster recovery backup plans procedures
- Expert knowledge of IT best practices, policies and regulations
- Drive innovation for front office or core business operations by recommending viable technologies
- Data Centre management
- Running regular checks on network and data security
- Identifying, and acting on opportunities to improve and update software and system
- Resolve audit issues raised by internal audit, external auditors & regulatory audits
- Develop key performance indicators and SLAs in lieu of requirement of users support requirements through helpdesk
- Identify and manage external vendors SLA in the delivery of contracted work
- Identifying security vulnerabilities and eliminating them with strategic solutions
3. Project Management
- Design and implement strategic information technology plans and budgets for cost-effective procurement, utilization and maintenance of computer software and hardware;
- Planning the future objectives of the department and ensuring these are in accordance with the corporate objectives of the Bank:
- Manage a portfolio of technology projects to meet cost. scope, and time schedules
4. Budget / Funding:
- Design and implement strategic information technology plans and budgets
- Overseeing the annual IT budget and ensuring cost-effectiveness for the IT department
- Managing and reporting on allocation of IT budget
5. Capacity Building and Spiritual Nurture
- As a Christian leader, develop others encouraging excitement and growth both in their carers but also in spiritual growth.
- Devotional Meetings-Attend and participate in weekly chapel services and day devotional meetings whenever possible
- Perform additional responsibilities and projects as assigned by CEO including, administrative and planning functions any other duties
- Coordinate and supervise IT staff members
- Identify key skills and talent gaps in the organization and work to recruit, train, and retain talent
- Relationship with Stakeholders
- Work with other departments to get their service satisfaction in IT. (Customer oriented)
- Liaise with outside consultant and GIT staff for any advices and help
- Provide the VFI, donors/support offices, or investors with the relevant IT information as requested.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Full commitment to Visionfund’s Vision, mission, purpose, values, procedures and objectives.
- A bachelor/Master degree in computer science or in related discipline.
- Should have 3 to 5 years experience in Windows Server System Administration, Database Administration, Management Information System and IT Security. Experience is also critically preferred in the following, areas:
- Network Topology and Configuration
- Advanced Windows Server monitoring, troubleshooting and report generating
- Acceptable knowledge to setup and maintains Firewall and Virtual Private Network
- Knowledge in Accounting and Micro Finance.
- Database design, development Integration and Reporting Services (SOL Server.)
- System analysis and development
- Management information system
- Core banking system management i.e. T24
- Cloud computing, services i.e., AVVS, Microsoft Azure, Google etc.
- Knowledge of the best practices in the IT industry
- Excellent communication, people and managerial skills
Method Of Application
Interested candidates should send their applications together with their detailed Curriculum Vitae, three traceable referees and copies of certificates to:
The People, Culture and Administration Manager,
Private Bag A232
Closing date for receiving applications is 13th May, 2023. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
VisionFund Malawi does not use agents, nor solicit any form of payments for any application, training, interviewing, testing or any fees in connection with this recruitment. Report any acts of solicitation for payment and/or extortion to VisionFund Malawi on the following; Tip offs Toll Lines: 0884621623
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org