Lighthouse Trust is a registered Public Trust established to manage Centres of Excellence (Co) and provide leverage for leadership and delivery of integrated HIV prevention, treatment, care, and support services in Malawi. Lighthouse has been involved in the development of locally applicable HIV care and treatments. It strategically positioned in Malawi’s national HIV response due to its close collaboration with the Ministry of Health (MoH), The Lighthouse in close coordination with MoH provides integrated services at Kamuzu Central Hospital, Bwaila Hospital, and some health facilities in urban and rural areas in Lilongwe, Queen Elizabeth Central Hospital in Blantyre, Zomba Central Hospital and Mzuzu central hospital in Mzuzu. The strategic approach focuses on client-centred care based on four goals which are:
Goal 1: Service delivery: to enhance high- quality, Integrated HIV prevention, treatment, care and support services for adults and children
Goal 2: Model interventions and operations research: to develop, pilot, evaluate, and disseminate innovative programs and policies across the continuum of prevention, treatment, care and support for HIV infection and its co-morbidities, both infectious and non-infectious
Goal 3: Quality management: to ensure that all patients at Lighthouse clinics and all supported sites are receiving quality health care and services as recommended by the MoH and other health development partners by utilising quality improvement (QI) methodologies in a multidisciplinary team approach.
Goal 4: Capacity strengthening: to build and strengthen healthcare capacity for high quality HIV prevention, treatment, care and support services.
Lighthouse Trust, with support from the United States of America President’s Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) through a Cooperative Agreement with Centres for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), has two grants to operate Centres of Excellence for Comprehensive Integrated HIV Care and Treatment Services in long (Gran #NU2GGH002131) In order to achieve the above-mentioned goals, Lighthouse wishes to recruit a highly qualified and experienced person to fill the positions of:
1) Information Systems Officer (1 Position)
Reports to: IT Manager
Team: Monitoring, Evaluation and Research Lighthouse
Purpose of the Position:
Within delegated authority, the Information Systems Officer will be responsible for coordinating activities related to information systems Technical requirements, technical delivery and related administrative processes. and providing technical advice to project teams on 1S. The incumbent will be also responsible for workflow automations, recommending or developing software and supporting digital systems for the Lighthouse
Responsibilities (which include, but are not limited to):
- Supports projects involving systems analysis, design, development, and implementation to improve Lighthouse operations and service delivery.
- Maintains, upgrades, or enhances existing user systems; troubleshoots and provides continuing user support.
- Researches, analyzes, and evaluates new technologies and makes recommendations to management.
- Prepares technical and user documentation for implemented systems.
- Develop data, systems recovery, and backup processes.
- Conduct hardware assessment and facilitate new purchases and replacement of hardware for systems.
- Provide capacity building to staff on Information Systems and other IT disseminations.
- Maintain currency of knowledge with respect to relevant state-of-the-art technology, equipment, and/or systems.
- Collaborate with the external developers in developing, expanding, and maintaining the Lighthouse information systems.
- Work with Health Information Systems (HIS) implementing partners in ensuring that the Electronic Medical Record (EMR) system is up to date.
- Report any hardware and software issues emanating from the EMR system to HIS partner.
- Conduct data-related organization needs assessment and develop an effective data system according to their needs and specifications.
- Develop and maintain the electronic data transfer between systems.
- Develop systems for collecting program data such as Power Apps, ODK, Redcap, etc.
- Facilitates end user automations of routine work.
- Enforce IT policies and standard operating procedures.
- Perform miscellaneous related duties and other duties as assigned.
Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor of science in Business Information Systems, computer science, information systems, or related field.
- A minimum of 3 years of progressively responsible experience in development, implementation, support and maintenance of computer information systems or related area
- Experience in working with corporate information management systems.
- Advanced experience in Microsoft Excel macros programming.
- Excellent working knowledge of computer systems, security, networking, computer systems, security, networking, system administration, Linux and windows environment, cloud, and on- premises platforms, databases, and data systems.
- Experience in supporting any ERP systems, Sage accounting, payroll, and HR systems.
- Experience with analytics platforms and data warehouse technology
- A minimum of two years working experience and In-depth knowledge of any of the following modern database systems (MySQL, Postgres, SAP HANA, Hadoop)
- Experience with Microsoft Power platforms (Power Apps, Power Automate, Power Fxetc) and Azure.
- Experience with programming languages e.g Python, PHP
- Experience working with mobile data collection tools (ODK, KOBO, RedCapetc)
- Experience with all elements of Software Development Lifecycle: Eliciting and documenting business process flows, use cases, requirements, quality management plans and user acceptance testing.
- Professional: Knowledge of systems design, and development, management, implementation, and maintenance of complex information systems. Ability to develop and oversee large centralized or decentralized institutional systems; conceptual and strategic analytical capacity to understand information system and business operational issues to thoroughly analyze and evaluate critical systems matters. Knowledge of a range of computer languages and development paradigms, knowledge of organization’s information infrastructure and IT strategy as it relates to user areas.
- Communication: Speaks and writes clearly and effectively; listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately; asks questions to clarify and exhibits interest in having two-way communication; tailors language, tone, style and format to match audience; demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
- Teamwork: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others; places team agenda before personal agenda; supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position; shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
Method Of Application
Eligible internal candidates meeting the required qualifications and experience should send their applications with cover letter, detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV), copies of certificates, names, addresses and telephone numbers of three traceable referees.
Applications should be received not later than 23rd May 2023 to the following address:
The Executive Director
Kamuzu Central Hospital
P.O BOX 106
Or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only those shortlisted candidates will be communicated
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com