World Vision is a Christian relief, development and advocacy organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. It is an international partnership of Christians whose mission is to follow our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ in working with the poor and oppressed to promote human transformation, seek justice and bear witness to the good news of the Kingdom of God. It is a child focused organization and its goal is sustained wellbeing of (150 million) children within families and communities especially the most vulnerable.
As a Child focused organization, World Vision is committed to the protection of children and does not employ staff whose background is not suitable for employment with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
INDOOR RESIDUAL SPRAY TECHNICAL OFFICER- (Grade 13) 1 Position Based in Mangochi District
Purpose of the position
The IRS Technical Officer will have a responsibility for technical guidance in the planning and implementation of quality Indoor Residual Spraying at district level. The Technical Officer will be responsible for providing technical guidance in trainings, operational site management and Environmental Compliance (Pre-season, Mid-season and post season). The Technical Officer will also include accountability in the areas of: activity reports, MMRS, work plans and other documentation needed to demonstrate program progress.
- Facilitates identification and renovation of Operational sites to the required standards and decommissioning of OPS after actual spraying.
- Develops district and site specific IRS Spray Calendars in readiness for Spray Operations.
- Facilitates reviewing, updating and printing of all training materials, outlines agendas and facilitate training for IRS key players.
- Supports the OPS quantifications of IRS materials and Smooth and timely flow of logistical resources from central warehouse to OPS.
- Ensures that all risk prevention and environmental compliance measures are fully implemented and work closely with district officers to address relevant issues
- Facilitates efficient and timely implementation of planned activities by all relevant committees, district and community partners to ensure the right techniques, methodologies and standards are employed.
- Assists in the assessment of the potential for improving IRS implementation in the district
- Coordinates with DHO IRS and Malaria coordinator to increase the DHO’s capacity to deliver IRS services at the community level.
Partnerships and Advocacy
- Networks and collaborates with all local level stakeholders involved in Malaria interventions in program implementation and facilitate smooth transition for sustainability in the program.
- Represents the program on relevant local level committees, taskforces, fairs, etc., in order to promote coordination and collaboration with other stakeholders and relevant efforts whenever possible.
Partnerships & Advocacy
- Network and collaborate with all local level stakeholders involved in Malaria interventions in program implementation and facilitate smooth transition for sustainability in the program.
- Represent the program on relevant local level committees, taskforces, fairs, etc., in order to promote coordination and collaboration with other stakeholders and relevant efforts whenever possible
- Promote local level advocacy in malaria prevention, treatment and management.
Sponsorship Integration (Child protection)
- Facilitate child operations in line with World Vision Malawi sponsorship management standards.
- Develop and conduct IRS trainings and vector control programs focusing on IRS campaigns in compliance with environmental rules and regulations.
- Lead training supervision and coaching of IRS Workers.
- Provide technical support to the community on implementation of development plans (AOP) through monitoring and review sessions.
- Maintain programmatic accountability for program activities at district including data collection for evaluation, record keeping of activities, and the completion of all necessary quarterly progress and year-end reporting
- Develop monthly management report, activity reports and work plans.
Knowledge, qualification and experience required
- Good understanding of cross-cultural issues.
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Health, Environmental Health, Entomology, Tropical Diseases, Vector Control, or related field Excellent analytical skills and facilitation skills
- Three years of demonstrated experience designing and implementing IRS programs, including training local spray teams and implementing quality control programs in the field and Demonstrated experience in planning and conducting pesticide evaluations to meet national and international environmental rules and regulation
- Knowledge of Sponsorship and rural/community development
Method Of Application
All interested applicants should send a cover letter with a detailed Curriculum Vitae with three traceable referees to: firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 13th January, 2023. Only short listed candidates will be acknowledged.
World Vision Malawi does not use agents, nor solicit any form of payments for any application, training, interviewing, testing or any fees in connection with this recruitment. Report any acts of solicitation for payment and/or extortion to World Vision Malawi on the following: Tip offs Toll Free Line 847; inform email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org