The In-Line Chlorination Plumber position is primarily a field based position which plays an important role in allowing the ILC program to successfully reach scale and serve communities with clean drinking water. This position ensures efficient and accurate installation of ILC devices on community water points across Evidence Action operational geographies. This in turn enables the community to access safe water hence improving their livelihood through reduction of waterborne diseases.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Transporting of ILC water treatment systems/devices to the field via motorcycle
- Installation of water treatment systems on recommended water points often on elevated storage tank planforms
- Filling in documentation and data for the work process in a timely manner
- Calibration of the system to the recommended chlorine levels
- Ensure safe handling and accountability of chlorine and ILC device part stocks in the store, office and designated sites
- Proper record keeping by completing relevant forms, documents, and records that are important in inventory tracking
- Collecting all field data for program assessment and accountability, by use of smartphones
- Maintaining high integrity and stewardship of the organizational assets and program field materials assigned for work execution
Key Performance Indicators
- Device functionality rates
- Water Point Owner satisfaction
- Quality of installations
- Vocational training and/or Craft Certificate qualification in Plumbing and/or general fitting from a recognized institution
- Malawi School Certificate of Education (MSCE) with a pass in science subjects.
- Technical knowledge in plumbing works with at least 1-year practicing experience.
- Computer literacy.
- Motorcycle riding experience with a valid driving license from a recognized driving school is an added advantage.
- Fluency in English and Chichewa. proficiency in other local languages is an added advantage.
Required Competencies and Attributes
- Vocational training in plumbing.
- Flexibility & Reliability
- Excellent communication skills
- High level discipline and good character while engaging with the community and their leaders, program teams and managers.
- Community service attitude/ passion to work in a rural community setting
- High level of integrity and stewardship
- Embraces team work and enjoys working in a team work environment as a team champion
- Positive attitude to work and to develop in a fast paced work environment
The In-Line Chlorination Plumber position is primarily a field based position involving working in the field 90% of the time. This involves maneuvering in rural setting terrains with loads on motorcycles. In-line chlorination devices are installed at the entrance to a water storage tank. Many water storage tanks are elevated and require the use of a ladder and comfort working at heights.
- Position requires ability to ride a motorcycle.
- Position requires ability and comfort climbing ladders and accessing water storage tanks at heights.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Evidence Action does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.