Malawi Revenue Authority (MRA)
Grade : D3
Organisational Unit : ICT
Reporting To : ICT Risk and Security Manager
Duty Station : Head Office
Job Type : Full-time
- Aligning information security strategies with business objectives;
- Developing measures, systems, and processes to prevent the loss or theft of the Authority’s intellectual property;
- Overseeing incident response planning and investigation of security breaches and assisting with necessary disciplinary and legal matters associated with such violations.
- Evaluating the effectiveness of existing programs;
- Identifying new processes, techniques, and procedures to upgrade and enhance security protocols.
- Assessing and detecting vulnerabilities and ensure security is designed into the IT infrastructure, applications, and products that minimize risks, mitigate vulnerabilities, prevent security incidents, and ensure systems reliability;
- Actively engaging and facilitating resolution or recovery of business operations during an information security incident.
Qualification and Experience
- The candidate must possess a minimum of a Bachelor’s in Computer science from a recognized and accredited University
- Possession of any relevant ICT Certification will be an added advantage
- A minimum work experience of 3 years.
Attributes and Competencies
- Strong knowledge of application security concepts
- Good understanding of the cyber security risks associated with various technologies and ways to manage them
- Excellent working knowledge of various security technologies such as network and application firewalls, host intrusion prevention and anti-virus
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to Detail
To apply for this job please visit careers.mra.mw.