Scope of Work
USAID MALAWI GOVERNANCE FOR SOLUTIONS (GfS)
Human Resources Management Lead
Human Resources Management Lead
P ER I O D OF P E RFORM ANCE
B A SE OF OPERATIONS
POSITION REPORTS TO
Deputy Chief of Party
DAI works on the frontlines of global development by transforming ideas into action—action into impact. We just celebrated our 50th anniversary as a global development company with corporate offices in the United States, the United Kingdom, Brussels, EU, Nigeria, Pakistan, and Palestine and development projects across 150 countries. We tackle fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. We are committed to shaping a more livable world.
Through the Malawi Governance for Solutions (GfS) Activity, USAID seeks to build on the incremental gains in decentralization and associated service delivery improvements, with the understanding that to make the significant leaps now required for Malawi to meet its own development goals—in the face of a fast-growing, young population—a bold, adaptive, and sustainable approach is required. To successfully remove critical bottlenecks and diffuse effective governance practices, DAI will deploy a locally driven approach—Facilitate, Catalyze, and Scale—drawing on Problem Driven Iterative Adaptation (PDIA) as a core methodology. Through the Facilitate, Catalyze, and Scale approach, DAI will help local stakeholders to tackle the root causes of service delivery failures through best-fit solutions and offer demonstrative models based on positive deviance. Through both process-oriented facilitation and the provisions of technical support and grants, GfS will foster stable, resilient, and more self-reliant partnerships that best position local communities to address their own challenges and contribute to the trajectory of Malawi Vision 2063.
Objectives of the assignment
The Human Management Lead will support capacity development activities for civil society organizations (CSOs) and other local partners across all GfS result areas.
Tasks & Responsibilities
The Human Resources Management Lead will be responsible for the below tasks:
- Facilitate human capacity activities related to organizational and technical capacity development for district governments and CSOs, including delivery of technical assistance, training, mentoring and coaching
- Support central government capacity improvements, including support for training and general program activities
- Work with the target districts and Government of Malawi (GOM) partners as a flexible technical resource supporting all project results.
- Contribute data and analysis to monthly, quarterly, annual and ad hoc communications and reports
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
- A master’s degree in a related field with a minimum of 10 years of relevant work experience, or a bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 15 years of relevant work experience
- Experience working with district and central government institutions in Malawi to improve human and institutional capacity
- Prior experience supporting work with Malawian district and central government institutions on a USAID-funded project preferred
- Excellent organizational skills and experience preparing well-researched reports
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with institutional and government partners and stakeholders
- Proficiency with MS Office software
- Excellent English writing, speaking, and reading skills
To apply for this job please visit phf.tbe.taleo.net.