Beyond Our Hearts Foundation
Beyond Our Hearts Foundation organization was established in 2014, its main thrust is securing rights of the poor and marginalized, good governance, sustainable livelihood development through promoting people’s participation at all levels of the state and society, accountability, capacity development and access to resources. According to the organization’s policy, special emphasis is given on women and children participation in building poor people’s capacity towards disaster risk reduction and climate resilience.
The organization is working to improve the quality of life of people, especially children who are marginalized and living in poverty. BOHF helps all people who are in need, regardless of their religion, race, ethnicity or gender. As a child-focused organization, BOHF work focuses on children, ensuring they are protected and their basic needs are met. We believes every child deserves a future in Malawi and around the world, we work every day to give children a healthy start in life, the opportunity to learn and protection from harm.
When crisis strikes, and children are most vulnerable, we are always among the first to respond and the last to leave. We ensure children’s unique needs are met and their voices are heard. We deliver lasting results for millions of children, including those hardest to reach. We do whatever it takes for children – every day and in times of crisis – transforming their lives and the future we share.
“A society where children live happily in a safe, caring and stimulating environment that promotes the best of their potential towards a poverty free society.
BOH Foundation aims to uphold human dignity, equity and accountability through empowering and protecting vulnerable children and their communities so that these children can lead a bright future.”
With funding from Save the Children – Italy Beyond Our Hearts Foundation – Malawi is recruiting well qualified staff in its Localization project that will be implemented in Neno District; Traditional Authority Mlauli, Dambe, Symon and Chekucheku:
POSITION: Human Resources and Communication Officer.
The person will be is responsible for provision of high-quality HR Operations service, overseeing HR administration of hiring, retention, staff development, termination, personnel records, legal compliance, compensation, benefits, and long-term staffing strategies. This position reports to the Executive Director and will also help in all communication related issues for BOHF.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Provide accurate and timely HR policy interpretation, advice and solution-driven options to clients/business partners on HR-related processes, issues and needs.
- Make recommendations and introduce innovation on the establishment and improvement of HR systems and processes. Provide support to the formulation of local standard operating procedures.
- Work closely with the Project Coordinator and Finance and administration officer with an aim to improve a diverse and inclusive office culture, positive work relationships and morale.
- Support the team in the required HR areas during the planning and roll-out of the new projects.
- Partner with Council hiring team to coordinate, support and administer recruitment and orientation processes, including expediting recruitment for emergency response.
- Partner with all relevant stakeholders to support the delivery of office-wide and individual learning plans and guidance on performance management
- HR data management to help inform decision making on HR processes and strategies
- Deliver effective HR projects that strengthen HR systems, best practices, organizational culture and business goals
- Assist the Project team with additional duties and responsibilities as and when required and as deemed necessary for the effective performance of the HR function.
- Responsible in all communication issues of BOHF in consultation with executive Director and Board of Trustees
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Degree in Human Resource Management or relevant qualifications
- At least 3 years’ experience working within a similar HR Advisory role
- Demonstrates up to date knowledge of Malawi employment law and best practice
- Exceptional communication and relationship building skills
- Human Resources experience in a managerial position, preferably in a not for profit and/or a global organization.
- A creative and innovative thinker
- Demonstrated a strategic approach to HR with the ability and willingness to also execute the tactical elements of the job in a global organization
- Strong non-profit background either professionally or via personal non-profit volunteering efforts.
- Strong planning, supervisory, and management skills.
Method Of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and cover letter with three referees through email to: email@example.com
or by hand at Beyond Our Hearts Offices (PO Box 111 Neno) Next to Chikonde TDC by Friday 19th May 2023 .
Please indicate the position you are applying for.
For more information regarding the vacancies you may contact Mr Russell Msiska
The Executive Director on firstname.lastname@example.org
BOHF is an equal employer and all people are encouraged to apply and Our selection process includes rigorous background checks to ensure our commitment to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults.