Global Health Informatics Institute (GHII)
The Global Health Informatics Institute (GHII) is a non-profit organization working at the intersection of science, engineering and global health to address problems of global health importance through development of local solutions and capacity (https://www.ghii.org).
GHII is inviting applications from suitably qualified, motivated, hardworking and enthusiastic individuals to fill the Human Resources & Administration Officer position on 1-year renewable contract. This position will support activities under our cooperative agreement with the Centers for Disease and Control and Prevention (CDC) to increase the utilization of data collected through electronic medical record systems.
Position: Human Resources and Administrative Officer
The Officer will be responsible for providing daily administrative and logistical support
for the organization as well as managing every aspect of the employment process i.e.,
recruitment, orientation, ongoing training and staff development.
Summary of Responsibilities
● Creating and maintaining accurate employee records and gathering all related documentation and key details according to policy and legal requirements.
● Coordinate employee development plans and performance management.
● Answering employees’ questions regarding their benefits and compensation options and assisting with the administration of their benefits.
● Assist with the recruitment process by preparing job descriptions, advertising vacant positions, identifying excellent candidates, conducting reference checks and issuing employment contracts.
● Handling workplace investigations, disciplinary, and termination procedures.
● Review employment and working conditions to ensure compliance
● Resolving conflicts through positive and professional mediation.
● Assist with all internal and external HR-related matters.
● Orienting new employees and training existing employees.
● Recommending policies that will improve the culture within the company and suggest ways in which to hire the best candidates for the job.
● Maintenance of Asset Register
● Oversee day to day tasks of Office management
● Coordinate and timely procure Office Supplies
● Organizing Logistics including travel arrangements, workshops, conferences
● Provide excellent assistance and Support to Employees
● Create and implement effective onboarding plans
● Management of Office Fleet and coordination of driver schedules.
● Risk Management, ensuring all Assets are timely insured and Offices are secured at all times
● Schedule and arrange Servicing of Fleet
● Ensure Drivers adhere to GHII`s Logistical SOP and other regulations.
● General administrative duties as may be assigned from time to time
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience
● Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Administration or Human Resource management.
● At least 3 years of working experience, preferably on donor funded projects
● Fluency in both spoken and written English and Chichewa languages.
● Excellent organization, communication, and administrative skills.
● Able to work well within a team
Method Of Application
Interested candidates should submit their applications and these should include:
a cover letter, applicant’s updated CV and scanned copies of relevant degrees certificates. To apply, please visit www.ghii.org
The deadline for receiving applications is Wednesday, 22nd November, 2023.
GHII is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from individuals regardless of gender, disability, race, ethnicity, religion, age, or any other protected characteristic. We embrace diversity and believe that inclusivity in the workplace is essential to our success and we are committed to creating a work environment where all employees are valued and respected.