Maikhanda Trust is a local Non-Governmental Organization which was launched in 2006 to save the lives of mothers and their babies by working in close partnership with Reproductive Health Unit of the Ministry of Health towards the achievement of Malawi’s “Road Map for accelerating the reduction of Maternal and Neonatal Mortality and Morbidity in Malawi”. It supports their efforts to improve healthcare simultaneously in communities and at health
Maikhanda Trust is looking to recruit energetic, highly motivated and well experienced persons to fill the position of:
(1) Director of Finance and Administration and (2) Human Resources and Administration Manager (all positions based at Head Office- Lilongwe)
Reporting to the Director of Finance and Administration, the Human Resources and Administration Manager is a senior member and will form part of the Senior Management Team of Maikhanda Trust. Overall function of the position is to achieve the goals and objective of the human resource and administration functions of the organization by; strategizing the formulation of human resource and administration of the organization. Originates and leads hhuman rresources practices and objectives that will provide an employee-oriented, high-performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality, productivity and standards, goal attainment, and the recruitment and ongoing development
of a superior workforce.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
(A) Human Resource Functions
- In Coordination with the Executive Director, develop human resource strategies and
initiatives aligned with the overall goals of the organization
- Coordinate the functions of personnel services for the organization including, employment, reappointment, agreements, unemployment compensation and retirement systems.
- Oversee and manage the functional review process, and the development of strategic plan
- Oversee and manage a performance and appraisal review system that support and
develops high performance
- Administer the human resource management function in accordance with the objectives of the organization including:
I. Recruitment and orientation
II. Performance management
III. Staff retention and succession plan
IV. Maintaining employee and labour relations
V. Workers’ compensation, medical and Pension scheme administration
VI. Salary and benefits administration
- Human resource policy implementation by ensuring correct application of human resources policies, processes and procedures
- Bridge management and staff relations by addressing demands, grievances or any other related issues
- Ensure compliance with all application legislation throughout the human resource management
- Oversee maintenance of human resource and administration data base and secure relevant systems
- Formulates and recommends hhuman rresources policies and objectives for the organization with regard to employee relations.
(B) Administration Functions
- Develop, review, implement administrative systems, policies and procedures
- Be a key driver of organizational change and improvement by establishing efficient day-to day operations
- Take responsibility for the effectiveness and efficiency of the organization administrative services in assets management, transportation, security, procurement and environmental health
- Supervise a team of administrative staff while promoting a culture of innovation, flexibility, and quality services delivery within the department
- Management of the administrative expenses and costs according to the budget
Requirements and skills
- Bachelors Degree in Human Resources management, Business Administration, Social Science, or public Administration from reputable and accredited institution
- A Master’s Degree in the relevant field will have an added advantage
- At least five (5) years of professional experience in a similar role or at senior management position
- Overall good understanding of Human Resources, Administration, and procurement
Method of Application
Application should include the following:
1. Cover letter outlining your motivation and how you will fulfil the person specifications for
2. An up-to-date Curriculum Vitae including the names and contact details of three (3) traceable referees and
3. Scanned copies of certificates to the following email address: email@example.com
Only application from shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.
All applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
Women are strongly encouraged to apply.