Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the following position tenable at our Blantyre office.
||Human Resource Officer
|Reports To (Designation)
||Finance and Administration Manager
|Purpose of the Job
||Developing and implementing human resource strategies that would professionally develop the company’s people and improve their performance to achieve the company’s strategic objectives.
- · Developing and implementing staff development programs.
- · Processing documentation and prepare reports relating to personnel activities (staffing, recruitment, training, grievances, motivation, performance evaluations etc.).
- Ensuring full compliance of employment laws, policies, rules, and regulations.
- Coordinating HR projects (meetings, training, surveys etc.) and records keeping
- Dealing with employee requests regarding HR issues, rules, and regulations.
- Assisting in payroll preparation by providing relevant data (absences, bonus, leaves, etc.)
- Coordinating recruitment and selection process
- Ensuring that pension is up to date and processing transfers and withdrawals.
- Managing staff medical scheme working hand in hand with the health department
- Ensuring that all staff are on funeral policy and group life assurance and timely remittance of the same.
- Attending to staff grievances and coordinating disciplinary issues and conflict resolutions among staff.
- Pioneering company culture and values and managing staff welfare
- Handling Labour law related matters such as workers’ compensation, retrenchment etc.
- Coordinate staff performance appraisals and recommend promotions, transfers, and terminations.
- Coordinating trainings and staff wellness programs
|Qualifications and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in human resource management or its equivalent
- At least three (3) years’ experience in Human Resources
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
|Knowledge and Competencies
- Sound knowledge of employment related laws and regulations
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and meet managerial goals
- Be a team player
- Excellent organizational and presentation skills
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Critical thinking and analytical skills
Method Of Application
Interested applicants must download and fill in the application form on the link below and submit to the following address together with copies of their certificates:
The Finance and Administration Manager
Libertas General Insurance Company Ltd
P O Box 354
Unit House, Ground floor
Closing date for receiving applications is 3rd November,2023 on a rolling basis.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Libertas General Insurance Company Limited is an equal opportunity employer.