Thyolo Teachers SACCO
Thyolo Teachers SACCO is a member run registered financial cooperative with its head office in Thyolo but having a coverage of across Malawi through branches and satellite offices. The SACCO is looking for energetic, self-motivated and enthusiastic persons who wish to pursue a carrier in cooperatives development to fill the position of Human Resource and Administrative Manager reporting to SACCO General Manager. The Manager will be responsible for day to day human resources and administrative operations of the SACCO to ensure efficiency and timely delivery of quality services to members and growth of the SACCO.
Key Responsibilities Of The Position
The successful candidate will have the following key duties and responsibilities among others:
Major Duties, Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
Human Resources Management
- Ensuring that an appropriate system of confidential personnel files for the SACCO staff, containing key data, documents and correspondences relative to each employee’s contractual relationship is maintained and up to date.
- Ensuring a satisfactory payroll system of the Office, including ensuring timely payment of salaries, deduction of loan and any other obligations, and remittance of payroll taxes and social security contributions (e.g. pension, insurance) withheld to the proper authorities, as required by the laws.
- Ensuring that appropriate policies and procedures are in place and are respected with respect to recruitment, dismissal, compensation & benefits, employment conditions, travels as per the SACCO policies and the human resources Manual.
- Facilitating handling of employee grievances and all disciplinary issues by the HR Committee/Board.
- Managing future talent/professional needs, recruitments, retention, off-boarding and
- Ensuring that all staff have offer letters, performance agreements and contracts in line with strategic plan and yearly plan.
- Facilitating conduction of employee performance appraisals and producing reports on the same that provide direction in terms of best performance and poor performance as guided by the policies.
- Managing and coordinating the provision and performance of human resources to ensure that departments/branches/satellites, etc are adequately staffed with qualified, experienced, competent and motivated personnel to achieve the objectives of the SACCO.
- Providing professional technical support to management team and Board in the management of human resources and administration at SACCO and departmental level to ensure that decisions made are within the applicable Malawian laws and reflect good human resource management practices.
- Participating in interviews, performance counselling, disciplinary inquiry hearing and providing professional advice in all cases.
- Management of staff records.
- Routine and general Administration
- Providing administrative services including transport management, estate management, property management and secretarial services, stores management, records management and security management.
- Ensuring maintenance of up to date asset register.
- Management of SACCO vehicles log books, maintenance, insurances, certificate of fitness, etc.
- Ensuring identification and timely settlement of insurance premiums for all SACCO insurables.
- Ensuring the use of accounting and management information systems (MIS) systems guidelines set by SACCO.
- Ensure that all laws with respect to taxes and duties are respected and that all authorized exemptions are obtained.
- Coordinating procurement and ensuring that all SACCO premises have necessary equipment and items to facilitate smooth working of employees.
- Ensuring security and safety of staff and premises – including provision of safety clothes to staff riding motorcycles, guards, etc.
- Participating in the formulation of plans and budgets as well as managing the resources allocated prudently and in compliance with the financial policies and practices.
- Carrying out any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
The ideal candidate should have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management or Business Administration or Business Management or Public Administration or any related field.
- At least 3 years’ practical experience working in human resource and administration office/position.
- Experience in performance management.
- Excellent Written and oral Communication
- Constructive Feedback; coaching and mentoring skills
- Leadership skills that include staff motivation
- Focused on improving efficiency without compromising members service and quality
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Determination and the drive to work towards targets
- Good business sense and a professional manner
- Demonstrated leadership ability.
- Knowledge and experience in organizational effectiveness and operations management implementing best practices.
- Excellent computer skills and proficient in Excel, Word, Outlook, and Access
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style.
Method of Application
Interested persons should submit their applications with detailed curriculum vitae (CV), copies of academic and professional certificates and contact details of at least three traceable referees, two of which should be from previous and/or current employer(s) and these must be submitted to the following address or hand delivered by
The SACCO Manager
Thyolo Teachers SACCO
P.O. Box 175
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org