Want to join a frontrunner in renewable energy that is actively seeking early entry into new markets globally? Since the establishment in 2007, Scatec has acquired extensive knowledge and experience in developing, building and operating solar, wind and hydro power plants and storage solutions. Driven by our company values and competent global workforce, we aim to deliver competitive and sustainable renewable energy globally; protect our environment and improve quality of life through innovative integration of technology; and create shareholder value. We are present on four continents and are headquartered in Oslo, Norway.
Main purpose of position
Currently we are looking for a HSSE Supervisor in Blantrye, Malawi to be part of our global team working together towards our vision – Improving our future. As our HSSE Supervisor you will be responsible for applying professional practices and providing Health, Safety, Security and Environmental guidance required on site. The HSSE Supervisor is overall responsible to monitor site activities against HSSE compliance, training of personnel, and to overall compliance against HSSE requirements.
- Conduct regular site inspections of construction and installation areas, including weekly inspections, random inspections with the contractor’s HSSE personnel, vehicle & equipment checks, site housekeeping, PPE adherence and general HSSE matters
- Assist in investigating all incidents, complete all incident reports efficiently and promptly
- Ensure appropriate corrective actions for the incidents are implemented, risk assessments revisited and lessons learned are distributed
- Implement environmental mitigation measures and verify that environmental protection methods are adhered to, according to local law and project requirements
- Develop, promote and deliver daily toolbox talks and job safety analysis discussions
- Support the relevant stakeholders in assuring that the project HSSE Management System is implemented as described in the project HSSE Plan and actively manages all requirements
- Ensure that suitable and sufficient Risk Assessments have been performed before work commences for any activity and that the required mitigation measures are implemented
- Support and follow HSSE improvement programs
Qualifications And Competencies
- Education: Nebosh International General Certificate in Occupational Health or Safety (OH&S) or equivalent professional OH&S qualification
- Minimum 5 years Construction HSSE experience
- In depth understanding of an HSSE management system during construction
- Team player, building a positive HSSE culture
- Knowledge of international standards related to Occupational Health and Safety ISO 45001:2018 and Environmental management ISO 14001:2015
- Knowledge of IFC’s HSSE guidelines, IFC Performance Standards, Equator Principles, etc
- Various project EPC supervisors, foremen and HSSE personnel
- EPC Contractor and Subcontractors
- Emergency response teams and service providers
- Fluent in English, spoken and written (and other languages if needed or ideal)
It is part of every employees’ terms of reference to contribute to Scatec’s vision: Improving our Future and adhere to our company values which are:
- Predictable: demonstrate clear communication and listening skills, shares information in an open and honest way
- Driving results: demonstrate determination, pro-activeness, can prioritise and work independently
- Changemaker: demonstrate entrepreneurship, can challenge, fast learner, take initiates and adjust
- Working together: demonstrate teamwork, shares responsibilities, can compromise, has a can-do attitude
For the particular role we also expect
- Travel to Mpatamanga, Blantyre, Malawi Amsterdam/Oslo may be required for the duration of the project, if SA citizen which will be conducted by the company
- Cultural awareness and commmunication – understand and adjust behaviour and communication according to different national cultures, to strengthen our common company culture
- Business understanding of Scatec’s integrated business model, value chain and operating system, to have sufficient knowledge of the renewable energy industry and the energy transition requirements
- Commitment within Compliance and HSSE in contributing to a safe working environment
Scatec is an exciting, innovative and ambitious company operating in a growing industry. We offer a challenging and interesting position where you will be part of a flexible, diverse and truly international working environment consisting of highly competent and committed colleagues with a positive drive to make a difference.
Scatec is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by appropriate law. All hiring decisions are made based on merit, competence and business need.
Applications will be processed on a continuous basis.