Under the direct supervision of the ANAP Director of Finance & Administration (DFA), the Human Resources Manager develops and manages the Human Resources function within ANAPA Project to optimally achieve attraction, retention, and development of staff/human capital. S/he is directly responsible for the overall administration, coordination, and evaluation of the human resource function, and develops and administers various human resources plans and procedures for all ANAPA Project staff. This entails the development, implementation, and maintenance of the ANAPA Project’s effective people management processes, as well as the administration of staff matters concerning remuneration, benefits and records, human capital management and support services based on the actualization of potential and motivation to succeed in career.
|Specific Responsibilities and Duties:
|· Establishes policies & procedures in critical areas of human resources and administration so that there is consistency, uniformity, and professionalism in approach.
· Advises the DFA and Managers, as applicable, on ANAPA Project’s HR related policies and procedures and ensures the correct implementation thereof.
· Liaises with ANAPA DFA and project management team to shape the policies and obtains approval from PHN on the final version.
· Enforces policies and procedures and takes up deviations with staff directly to rectify.
|· Devises specific strategies and plans based on Project’s strategy and work plans that will achieve set targets for the programme/s and attain the comprehensive deployment of sound people management practices.
· Monitors progress on key measures and takes remedial action on out of track work progress.
|· Develops and provides systematic approaches to training needs analysis and subsequent Individual Development Plans as well as the support in terms of training, study, coaching and interventions.
· Generally, encourages development through studies and other means and creates supporting mechanisms to facilitate this, depending on budget availability.
|· Institutes and prepares remuneration system suited to ANAPA Project’s specific needs that will optimize staff performance and meet the latest optimal remuneration practices in the project implementation countries.
· Prepares monthly payroll for approval, on timely basis.
· Utilizes market surveys and assessment means (e.g., grading) to accurately manage remuneration against the market.
· Defines the requirements for ANAPA Project’s benefit funds, e.g. medical & pension.
· Ensure salary deductions are made correctly and inform staff about any salary deductions prior to finalization of each payroll.
· Ensure that approved staff timesheets are submitted in a timely manner and attached to the payroll documentation.
· Oversee NSSF and tax remittances (PAYE) for staff each month and maintain a file for such statutory payments.
|· Furthers work and general health awareness and ensure that ANAPA work environment & conditions are favorable from a health/welfare perspective. Also drives awareness of major illnesses such as HIV/AIDS, COVID, etc.
|· Assists managers and staff alike in interpersonal problem solving or conflict resolution, to provide advice and facilitate sound staff relations.
· Ensures all disciplinary and grievance matters are handled and communicated sensitively and in accordance with internal policy and Malawi Labor Law
· Ensures that ANAPA’s policies and procedures are compliant to Malawi’s legislation.
· Attends labor court issues and provides representation.
· Leads the implementation of a performance management system.
· Managing recruitment plans
|Minimum QualificationsDegree qualified in human resources management, human sciences, and industrial psychology qualification.
· Minimum of 3 years’ experience of human resource management at senior HR role at professional / managerial level.
· Knowledge and experience working with donor agencies such as USAID is preferred.
· Proven working experience in Malawi labor laws.
· Core competencies required include ethical conduct, strategic thinking, leadership, decision-making.
· The incumbent should have a good mix of abilities between task orientation and interpersonal / relationship sensitivity.
· Should be sympathetic to the needs of others while retaining focus on goal attainment.
· Experience in managing timesheets to support payroll.
Specific Knowledge, Skills and abilities Required.
· Strong planning, analytical, presentation, and reporting skills.
· Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written in English and Chichewa languages.
· High level of integrity
· Strong computer skills, including advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel spreadsheets, email, Internet, and Microsoft Windows applications.
· Commitment to developing and staying up to date on company policies, practices, and trends.
· Self-starter with the ability to work with limited supervision.
1. Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
2. Ability to work in a challenging environment, under high pressure and ability to cope with tight deadlines.
3. Ability to work independently, prioritize work assignments, meet deadlines, and exercise professional judgment in a team set up.