Malawi Liverpool Wellcome Trust
The Malawi-Liverpool-Wellcome (MLW) Programme (http://www.mlw.mw) is an internationally recognized centre for research and research training, funded by the Wellcome Programme. In collaboration with the Kamuzu University of Health Sciences (KUHeS). MLW would like to engage the services of a competent and dynamic individual to work in an exciting Research Programme at the MLW Research facility as it is expanding.
House Keeper- 2 posts, based in Blantyre (initial 7 months contract with a possibility of an extension).
Reporting to the Housekeeping Supervisor, the incumbent will be responsible for general housekeeping activities of MLW premises.
The successful candidate will be expected to perform the following duties:
- Cleaning of all MLW spaces as allocated by the housekeeping supervisor with reference to MLW Housekeeping Standard Operating Procedure.
- Ensuring that there are enough supplies in the restrooms will involve checking the restrooms on a regular basis.
- Making and serving tea and coffee in offices.
- Setting up meeting rooms for different types of meetings.
- Participating in the annual general cleaning exercise.
- Reporting any housekeeping-related faults to the supervisor or to the maintenance section.
- Taking full responsibility for ensuring a safe working environment by always following the health and safety rules.
- Any other duties deemed to be reasonably assigned by the Line Manager.
Remuneration and Benefits
MLW offers an attractive remuneration package that includes a competitive salary package commensurate with the position, a medical aid scheme, 24 hours insurance cover, a pension scheme, and gratuity benefits redeemable once every year, among others.
MLW also offers opportunities such as scholarships, upgrading, and training opportunities to employees. These are based on successful job performance and other set criteria.
MLW recognises its responsibility in safeguarding and protecting communities, research participants, patients, and students with whom MLW is working. Referees and employers will be contacted and asked about safeguarding issues.
Method Of Application
Suitably qualified candidates should forward their applications with copies of relevant certificates, 3 contactable referees, and a detailed CV to the address below or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Human Resource Manager
Malawi-Liverpool –Wellcome Trust
P.O. Box 30096
To arrive no later than the 29th of July 2022, only short-listed candidates will be acknowledged.