Population Services International
PSI Malawi is affiliated with Population Service International, a Washington DC-based non-governmental and nonprofit making organization. PSI Malawi’s mission is to support low-income and at-risk Malawians to lead healthier lives through the provision and promotion of quality products and services, in line with the Government of Malawi’s goals. To accomplish its mission, PSI Malawi is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position of HIV Prevention Manager – Blantyre Prevention Strategy (BPS) Project.
Reporting to the Deputy Head of HIV Prevention (BPS Project Lead) the Project Manager shall be responsible for programmatic coordination and provision of technical assistance to project activities in all the five healthclusters of Blantyre, ensuring strong partnership with district health management teams and HIV programleads, coordination and synergy with other HIV prevention projects operating in Blantyre and ensuringprogrammatic excellence and innovative approaches in strengthening local systems for targeting and surveillance,demand-generation, service delivery, and supporting the effective use of primary HIV prevention product. Specifically, He/She will be required to perform the following duties and responsibilities.
- Establish partnership with District and City Health Management Teams, HIV prevention leads, andIDSR-Unit team and works with them to implement the IDSR-HIV pilot for Blantyre
- Provide timely technical assistancefor the implementation of the IDSR- HIV pilot in Blantyre
- Provide technical assistance to the implementation of appropriate and effective HIV case detectionmodalities such as VAPN and assessment of HIV risk patterns within clusters through effective utilization of infection
- Establish partnership with district and facility rapid response teams (RRT) and works with them toimplement HIV response activities for Blantyre based on identified clusters of infection and mapped
- Coordinate implementation of Human Centered Design (HCD) community labs for continuous insightgeneration to inform demand creation and delivery of various HIV prevention products and servicessuch as PrEP, VMMC, condoms, etc
- Works closely with the HPO to develop and implement an effective HIV preventioncommunication/demand creation strategy for Blantyre
- Coordinate capability development/capacitybuilding initiatives for City and District council HIV prevention technical staff on usage of HCD community lab model, and HIV demand creation strategydevelopment
- Initiate and facilitates regular technical meetings with districts and the project team to review program implementation and identify measures to overcome implementation bottlenecks and enhance the quality of
- Prepare weekly, monthly, and quarterly work plans and coordinates their implementation
- Promote and monitor accountability for the delivery of strategic program objectives at the district level, with regular reporting on a weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis.
- Contribute to donor reports and other project
- Supervise HIV Prevention Officers and supports them in the achievement of their program
- Manage daily operations of the HIV Prevention Officers and ensures that overall program implementation is on schedule and that reports, work plans, and budgets are prepared with sufficient lead time to getthe necessary
- Represent the project at the facility, cluster, and district level as
- Implement other duties as assigned related to the project’s district-level work
Qualification, Knowledge, Abilities, and Skills
Applicants must possess the following qualifications, knowledge abilities, and skills
- Master’s Degree in Public Health, Health
- Demonstrated ability and minimum of four years of experience working on donor-funded publichealth programs with a preference for experience in HIV prevention initiatives; HIV surveillance,case detection, and response activities; and health communication/promotion strategy
- Demonstrated understanding and experience in PrEP and other HIV prevention services andproducts e VMMC, Condoms, etc.
- Experienced in coordinating a busy and complex systems development project and working withintimelines
- Advanced knowledge of implementation of HIV combination prevention, IDSR, and HIV testing
- Must be familiar with MOH policies, regulations, program priorities, and key planning documentsrelated to HIV
- Keen understanding of Malawi’s health system at the district and community levels
- Strong interpersonal communication, teamwork, partnering, and consensus-building skills
- Ability to prioritize amongst competing demands with minimal supervision
Mode of Application
Qualified candidates with the specified qualifications and experience should submit their application letters together with detailed curriculum vitae with names and contact details of at least three traceable referees by 26th August2022, to The Head of Human Resources, PSI Malawi, Box 30132, Lilongwe through: email@example.com with thejob title as a subject line.
PSI Malawi is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individualsregardless of religion, color, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance,political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity, or expression, pregnancy or relatedmedical conditions. PSI maintains zero tolerance for child abuse, sexual abuse, or exploitative acts orthreats by our employees, consultants, volunteers, contractors, or anyone associated with the delivery ofour programs and services, and takes seriously all complaints of misconduct brought to our attention.
PSI Malawi has become aware of scams involving false job offers. Please be advised: PSI Malawi will never ask for a fee during any stage of the recruitment process. All active jobs are advertised directly in the newspapers or vetted career websites. Official PSI emails will always arrive from a @psimalawi.org email address.
Please report any suspicious communications to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com