Forum for AIDS Counselling and Training (FACT)
Forum for AIDS Counselling and Training (FACT) Malawi is a local youth led organization working with young people from ages of 13 to 24 in delivery of Youth Friendly Sexual and Reproductive Health and Right (YFSRHR) services, information and commodities using an innovative peer-to-peer model. We are located in Blantyre, Chinyonga . You can read more on FACT Malawi and our work on our website www.factmalawi.org
FACT Malawi is delighted to add new staff to its growing team to fill in the vacant position of:
HIV Diagnostic Assistant (HDA)
The HAD will be required to provide HIV testing and counselling to patients and clients seeking health services at FACT Malawi. Applicants should be passionate about working in the field of HIV and AIDS and with young people living with HIV and AIDS. He/she will be responsible for working closely with other service providers to ensure that the quality of HDA services is sustained as defined by Malawi HDA national guidelines.
Job Title: HIV Diagnostic Assistant (HDA)
Reports To: Programs Manager
Duties And Responsibilities
- Provide HIV Counselling and Testing to clients as per Malawi HDA national guidelines
- Provide health education including HIV prevention and risk reduction education through behavior change initiatives
- Provide assisted partner notification services for all index clients
- Conduct risk assessment for clients and provide preventive services including lubricants and condoms to clients
- Refer and link clients to FACT Malawi partners for further medical management where necessary.
- Document and compile all HDA reports.
- Follow-up with clients.
- Any other duty assigned from time to time.
- Must be between the age of 20 to 29
- Must have MSCE.
- Must possess a certificate in HDA counselling provided by the Ministry of Health and Population of Malawi
- Must have undergone new HDA skills intensive training (3 test algorithm and scan form technology)
- Must have undergone the Malawi integrated HIV, Syphilis and hepatitis B Rapid testing services.
- Have at least 1 years’ experience in HIV counselling and testing in a youth environment.
- Be fluent in both Chichewa and English.
- Experience working with youth is an added advantage.
Method Of Application
Send application together with comprehensive curriculum vitae including your HDA certificate to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the position you are applying for in the subject line by midnight of 15th November 2023. Late and incomplete applications will not be entertained.
For more information, please contact 0882 918 035/0212728988