Malawi AIDS Counselling and Resource Organization (MACRO)
Malawi AIDS Counselling and Resource Organization (MACRO) is a locally registered nongovernmental organization (NGO) established in 1995 to complement Government’s efforts in the fight against HIV and AIDS and other health related issues. MACRO’s Vision is “Malawi populace free of ill-Health” and its Mission is “Transform lives of Malawians through the provision of high quality HIV and AIDS, and other health related services”.
Currently, applications are invited from suitably qualified individuals to fill vacant positions in different districts.
HIV DIAGNOSTIC ASSISTANT
The HIV Diagnostic Assistant will provide HIV testing and counselling services at the facility and community level by using innovative strategies like Index testing, Social Network Strategy, Pediatric testing and HIVST distribution. The HDA will ensure effective linkage of clients to HIV prevention, treatment, and care services. He/she will document and coordinate testing results and clearly record, report and ensure detailed documentation related to their work. She/he will work under close guidance and support from the HDA Supervisor to support the DHO in implementing quality HIV testing services at facility and community level.
- Conduct client and group education, pre-test and post-test counselling for the individuals or families using standard protocols outlined in the MoH HTS and HIVST guidelines including the WHO 5 Cs.
- Provide individual client and group education, pre-testing counselling, HIV Testing and post-test counselling using standard protocols outlined in the approved MoH HTS guidelines.
- Provide accurate and timely information to clients about availability of HIV prevention, treatment including benefits and importance of partner testing.
- Conduct targeted HIV Testing strategies like pediatric testing, index testing, social networking strategy and HIVST
- Ensure effective client referral and linkages to other supportive services including ART treatment and care, STI services, VMMC, PrEP.
- Comply with MACRO data collection and reporting requirements, including submission of daily, weekly and monthly reports.
- Document best practices in HIV Testing services in collaboration with the HDA Supervisor
- Follow stock management best practices to ensure adequate and consistent availability of HIV test kits, infection prevention supplies and other HTS supplies for community testing services.
- Work with community-based level counterparts on HIV related service delivery including HTS providers, HSAs, CBOs, VHCs.
- Screening People Living with HIV for risks for treatment interruptions and high viral load using Project screening tool
- Enrolling all eligible clients in case management using risk stratification and case management tools
- Identifying and developing intervention plans for risks/Barriers to care and treatment for all clients in case management
- Tracking appointments for all milestones; retention and viral load milestones for all clients in case management
- Perform any other program related duties as assigned by the supervisor, which will facilitate accomplishment of program objectives.
Knowledge and Skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills; fluent in relevant local languages,
- Demonstrated experience working with health facility structures such as DHOs, will be an advantage.
- Ability to work effectively in a team as well as independently.
- Knowledge of computer skills e.g. Word, Excel and Email (Outlook) will be added advantage.
- Ability to work in a complex environment charged with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to perform.
- MSCE certificate is required. Additional related professional qualifications could be an advantage.
- Trained in 3 tier testing algorithm and familiar with ScanForm technology
- Certified HIV Testing and Counselling Provider by MoH
- Minimum 1-year experience working in the health sector with a focus on HTS
Method Of Application
All interested applicants for the above position are requested to submit their application, CV, educational qualifications, names and contact telephone numbers of at least three traceable referees to The Executive Director, Malawi AIDS Counselling and Resource Organization through email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for receiving applications is Friday, 17th November, 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com