Malawi AIDS Counselling and Resource Organization (MACRO)
Malawi AIDS Counselling and Resource Organization (MACRO) is a locally registered nongovernmental organization (NGO) established in 1995 to complement Government’s efforts in in the fight against HIV and AIDS and other health related issues.
MACRO’s Vision is “Malawi populace free of ill-Health” and its Mission is “Transform lives of Malawians through provision of high quality HIV and AIDS, and other health related services”.
With funding from CDC, MACRO is implementing the IMPACT Project whose purpose is: To strengthen effective measures to address unmet needs for HTS among men and KP/PP and HIV services for KP in CDC supported districts towards the attainment of 95-95-95 goals.
Therefore, MACRO is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacant positions in Mzuzu.
Role: HIV DIAGNOSTIC ASSISTANT (4)
The HIV Diagnostic Assistant will provide HIV testing and counselling services at the community level, following index client testing and approaches targeting key and priority populations such as men, youth, adolescents, young women under IMPACT project. The HDA will ensure effective linkage of clients to HIV prevention, treatment, and care services.He/she will document and coordinate testing results and clearly record, report and ensure detailed documentation related to their work. She/he will work under close guidance and support from the HDA Supervisor and HIV Testing Officers to support the DHMT in implementing quality HIV testing services at community level. The HIV Diagnostic Assistant must have successfully completed the National MOH Initial HTS integrated skills intensive refresher, and HTS supervision Trainings.
- Conducting client and group education, pre-test and post-test counselling for the individuals or families using standard protocols outlined in the MoH HTS and HIVST guidelines including the WHO 5 Cs.
- Distribute HIVST kits and perform professional HIV testing as per national guidelines, protocols, and algorithms.
- Educate clients in performing the HIVST and interpretation of the test results.
- Provide individual client and group education, pre-testing counselling, HIV Testing and post-test counselling using standard protocols outlined in the approved MoH HTS guidelines.
- Provide accurate and timely information to clients about availability of HIV prevention, treatment including benefits and importance of partner testing.
- Conduct targeted community HIV Testing strategies to reach HIV key and priority population: index testing, social networking strategy, HIVST, outreach, and moonlight testing.
- Ensure effective client referral and linkages to other supportive services including ART treatment and care, STI services, VMMC, PrEP, cervical cancer screening, DREAMS.
- Comply with IMPACT data collection and reporting requirements, including submission of daily, weekly and monthly reports. Participate in regular data review meetings
- Document best practices in HIV Testing services in collaboration with the HDA Supervisor
- Follow stock management best practices to ensure adequate and consistent availability of HIV test kits, infection prevention supplies and other HTS supplies for community testing services.
- Work with community-based level counterparts on HIV related service delivery including HTS providers, HSAs, CBOs, VHCs.
- Perform any other program related duties as assigned by the supervisor, which will facilitate accomplishment of program objectives.
- MSCE certificate is required. Additional related professional qualifications could be an advantage.
- Certified HIV Testing and Counselling Provider by MoH
- Must have a valid Motorcycle riding license.;
- Minimum 1-year experience working in the health sector with a focus on HTS
Knowledge and Skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills; fluent in relevant local languages,
- Demonstrated experience working with various community and health facility structures such as DHOs, VHC, ADCs, and CBOs will be an advantage.
- Ability to work effectively in a team as well as independently.
- Knowledge of computer skills e.g. Word, Excel and Email (Outlook) will be added advantage
- Ability to work in a complex environment charged with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to perform.
- Motivated, passionate, and hard working.
Method Of Application
All interested applicants for the above position are requested to submit their application, CV, educational qualifications, names and contact telephone numbers of at least three traceable referees to The Executive Director, Malawi AIDS Counselling and Resource Organization through email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for receiving applications is Wednesday, 1 November, 2023. Only short listed candidates will be acknowledged