Hillview International School
Position: High School SENDCO
We are looking to appoint an inspiring SENDCO to take responsibility for the day-to-day operation of provision made by the school for pupils with SEND and to provide professional guidance in the area of SEND in order to secure high quality teaching and the effective use of resources to bring about improved standards of achievement of all pupils.
Hillview International School is a modern, innovative, and growing institution located in the warm heart of Africa (Malawi). Our school provides a holistic education, emphasizing academic excellence, independence, leadership, and social responsibility. Situated on a beautiful campus in Limbe, Hillview serves a vibrant, family-oriented community, making it a truly rewarding place to work. Our Primary School feeds into our High School, which is now in its 5th year of delivering IGCSEs. Our students have achieved remarkable outcomes, with 73% of all IGCSEs taken over the last four years scoring A*/A/B.
- Overseeing SEND provision
- Teaching at KS3 and at IGCSE (Cambridge International);
- Enthusiastic, conscientious, and energetic individual with a strong track record of securing excellent outcomes for pupils;
- The ability to deliver high-quality teaching to facilitate student learning and individual potential;
- Familiarity with the British National Curriculum (Key Stages 3 and 4) and Cambridge Curriculum would be an advantage.
Start date: September 2024
Application deadline: 31 January 2024
Successful applicants will have:
- B.Ed or degree and PGCE, or equivalent
- SENDCO experience and/or qualification
- Proven experience teaching at KS3 and IGCSE
- A creative and enthusiastic approach both in and out of the classroom
- Excellent IT skills including knowledge of Google Suite (or the ability to learn quickly)
Method Of Application
Please use the online application on TES or send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.