|Salary||Please submit a day rate for consideration|
|Contract type||Consultant Agreement|
|Negotiable Hours||30 hours per week|
|Application Closing Date||31 May 2023|
|Start date||On a rolling basis|
VSO is the world’s leading international development charity that works through volunteers to create a fair world for everyone. At VSO we pride ourselves on doing development differently. We fight poverty not by sending aid, but by working through volunteers and partners to create long-lasting change in some of the world’s poorest regions. We bring key stakeholders together to co-ordinate collective action, from local organisations to national governments. Our programmes in Africa and Asia focus on health, education and livelihoods, with an increasing emphasis on resilience, peace building, social accountability, gender and social inclusion. We’re not about delivering quick fixes, but instead we focus on long-lasting, sustainable change that will improve the lives of generations to come.
The Health practice area is seeking to build a talent pool of qualified health technical consultants with a strong demonstrated expertise in programme design, Research, policy analysis, capacity building and partnership development.
Ideal Applicant Summary
The ideal consultant should have at least 10 years’ experience in international public health or 5 years’ experience in global health technical aspects, in adolescent health, sexual reproductive health and/or maternal, new-born and child health.
• Significant experience working with International INGOs, Donors, Foundations and academia.
• Experience of conducting both qualitative and quantitative research and analysis
• Strategy development and Theory of Change development
• Experience in delivery or engagement with UN/AU systems around Health SDGs
• Proven experience in strong technical design for various purposes including bids
• Strong experience in delivering technical and non-technical trainings
• Experience in partnership building and strengthening.
Competencies and Behaviour
At VSO we believe progress is only possible by working together. Whether you want to join us as an employee, or as a volunteer working in your own country, overseas or online, our selection process includes an assessment based on these core competencies:
• Ability to be open minded and respectful
• Ability to be resilient and adaptive to new situations
• Ability to facilitate positive change and build sustainable working relationships
• Ability to seek and share knowledge
VSO promotes equal opportunities and values a diverse workforce.
VSO reserves the right to close this job early if we receive a sufficient number of applications.
To apply for this job please visit www.vsointernational.org.