Médecins Sans Frontières is a private, non-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in crisis, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation. In Malawi, MSF works in collaboration with the Ministry of Health and the local community in integrated HIV/AIDS in Chiradzulu District and Cervical Cancer projects Blantyre districts.
MSF PROVIDES EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES AND FEMALE CANDIDATES ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
MSFF is looking for its coordination office:
Position: HEALTH PROMOTER IEC OFFICER – 2 POSITIONS
Workplace : Mangochi
Type of contract : 1 year Fixed term with possible extension
Start date : January 2023
Main purpose of the position
Implement Health Promotion/IEC (Information, Education, Communication activities with patients and local population to raise their knowledge and skills on relevant medical topics.
- Inform patients and communities about MSF and services it provides.
- According to medical priorities, deliver information to the patients and community on specific health topics
- Implement activities of health education and awareness (sessions in schools, churches, community), under the indications and supervision of the HP Supervisor.
- Under the guide of HP Supervisor, assess the impact of activities (with questions, verifications and behaviours observations), and report problems, success and constraints to him/her.
- Collect all type of information related to specific health and living conditions of the population, in particular to identify the most vulnerable populations to target.
- Report to HP Supervisor: activities, problems met, strengths and constraints.
- Establish and maintain contacts with social partners, including other NGO’s, governmental health services that can provide answers to social problems.
- Keep education and communication areas clean and tidy and professional materials available.
- Participate in creation of any material needed for the activities of information, education and communication
- Community messaging on risk factors related to outbreaks and blocking transmission routes is adhered to
- Mobilizing communities ahead of WASH activities
- Clarify miscommunications about outbreaks, transmission routes and cutting routes
- link with EHOs/ISDRs/HSAs and necessary authorities in the project activities
Degree/Diploma in Social Sciences/Health Education/Environmental Health/Nursing/Pedagogy / or Social Work or related
Preferable previous experience in teaching, nursing or social work, community mobilization (at least two years).
English and Chichewa mandatory, Computer literacy
Stress Management, Commitment, Flexibility, Result oriented, Teamwork
Method Of Application
Documents to provide:
Cover letter, Updated CV, ID Copy and relevant certificates
Deadline for submission of application: 30th December 2022
Application to be sent By Email Only to:
Subject Line: HEALTH PROMOTER IEC OFFICER -NAME OF APPLICANT-WORK PLACE
NOTE: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. MSFF does not reimburse the possible costs for transportation for tests and interviews that may take place during the recruitment process. MSF is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge any application/recruitment or training fees. : if ever you are requested to pay any amount to process your application or access employment with MSF, do not pay and please inform the MSF administration email@example.com as soon as possible.”