Save the Children
Save the Children International is inviting applications from suitably qualified personnel to fill the positions of Health Community Facilitator. The Health Community Facilitator for the Cholera outbreak response and Covid-19 Vaccine will be responsible for supporting the health facility and community health activities leading towards achieving the goals as set by Ministry of Health as it supports the National and District Cholera Response and Covid-19 Vaccine Plans. The Community facilitator will ensure that health facility and community health response is delivered to target affected populations whilst ensuring strong coordination with District Health Office and district council authorities. It is vital that an integrated approach is promoted with special emphasis on strengthening links with water, sanitation and hygiene promotion, RCCE (risk communication and community engagement), Cholera case management and C-19 Vaccine demand creation initiatives. Activity implementations will be done with health facility and community participation and within an integrated public health approach, while supporting every opportunity for health capacity building at district level.
The Cholera outbreak response has various components including Case Management, WASH, Logistical support, Coordination, Monitoring and RCCE. The Community Facilitator will work closely with the Project Manager and DHMTs at district levels where practical while assisting relevant MOH to effectively implement the activities and achieve operational targets. The CF will plan and implement together with the Project Manager and MOH staff to improve Cholera Case Management in Cholera treatment units and reduce the spread of Cholera among the vulnerability community members.
The role will require a high level of resilience in a dynamic environment; mature leadership skills; focus combined with flexibility; horizontal cooperation and vertical stakeholder collaboration and networking, high level of initiative and multi-tasking ability; and excellent skills in relevant. The suitable candidate should be able to understand the scope of the role and set priorities within two weeks of taking up the job; and start delivering on key performance targets within one month.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Ensure coordination on Cholera Case Management, WASH, and RCCE implementation of Cholera responses and management of outreach clinics for Covid-19 vaccine in target districts and communities to ensure the quality and compliance with MOH and Save the Children standards.
- Ensuring the coherence of all Cholera Treatment Units and community health activities with WASH initiatives (hygiene promotion, safe water provision and adequate access to hand washing facilities) and other integrated activities.
- Ensure Cholera Case management and community responses are in line with District Cholera response plan and budgeting by close coordination with the Project Coordinator.
- Support Save the Children in data management and health information management for Cholera response operation.
- Develop Covid-19 Vaccine outreach clinics in collaboration with the EPI Coordinator.
- Conduct proper planning, monitoring, evaluation producing regular, timely and accurate narrative reports for Save the Children and donors in coordination with the Project Manager.
- Work together with Save the Children Communications and Advocacy team on developing publications and identifying success stories and lesson learn during Cholera response operation.
- Develop a Cholera response exit strategy to be implemented by the end of the operation.
- Engage Community Leaders, with a focus on ensuring the engagement of women and youth leaders where feasible, and sensitize them on Cholera prevention.
- In collaboration with DHMTs, develop monthly duty roster for relief duty staff to be deployed in ETUs.
- Preparing budgets and district monthly scopes of working as well as taking activity advances.
- Participating in district coordination meetings for district stakeholders on Cholera response and Covid-19 Vaccine.
- Conduct supportive supervision of Cholera Treatment Unit, Pot-to-Pot chlorination, RCCE activities and Covid-19 Vaccine.
- Supply inclusive IEC materials on Cholera response for distribution in communities, CTUs, markets and other community hotspots.
Other expected roles
- Foster positive relationship (collaboration and networking) with partners at district level.
- Participate in meetings to share progress on Case management, RCCE and WASH interventions with district level stakeholders.
- Produce periodic project progress reports as required by the Project Manager
- Provide technical leadership and guidance in the implementation of Health and WASH interventions in response to Cholera at district level.
- Support capacity-building activities of health care workers on Cholera case.
- Ensure that district governance structures, local leadership and community are involved in the
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
- Diploma in Public health, Environmental health, Nursing, Clinical Health studies or any related field.
- Self-supporting in computers (Windows, spreadsheets, word-processing).
- Skills in training and developing staff
- Minimum 3 years working experience in health and Community mobilization.
- Experience implementing Humanitarian/Emergency response and community health programmes.
- Experience working on programme implementation with local actors and/or partners.
- Experience of working for a humanitarian organization and/or Save the Children.
- Experience in working in developmental contexts and engaging effectively with beneficiaries especially women and children and vulnerable groups.
- Experience of project planning & budgeting, supervision and management to include monitoring and evaluation including health information system.
- Experience of producing narrative & financial reports.
- Experience in working with local NGO partners.
- Result-oriented, able to set priorities and meet deadlines within a dynamic environment
- Mature and able to function well within flat management structures with extensive consultation and horizontal collaboration
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills including facilitation.
- Demonstrated supervision skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good command of English (written and verbal)
- Humanitarian context experience highly preferred.
- Motor cycle riding experience with a valid riding licence.
Location: Machinga & Balaka
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard. We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:· No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
· All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
· Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Method Of Application
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/jobs We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
To apply for this job please visit hcri.fa.em2.oraclecloud.com.